• The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

#85135  by Sad Din
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:33 pm
CBR said something about a ribbon board. Not in the renderings but that would be cool

Also, there are a couple small changes from the original renderings. The courtside lounge doesnt have glass walls anymore. Who wants people looking at them like a zoo anyway? Makes it more exclusive. Good change

Anyone know of any other 'hidden' features?
 #85136  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:43 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:11 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:32 am
Did anyone ask any of the donors whether they wanted to bring back Furman baseball?
I hope not....would rather have a state of the art basketball facility.
Why can’t FU have both? WC does, Samford does, Mercer does, FU had baseball, the Timmons upgrade was from donations so FU should have baseball and should not be a one or the other. Just sayin’ BTW watching uncg baseball host the number one team in the country on their campus. That would never happen to a SoCon team in any other sport.
Last edited by apaladin on Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #85137  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:44 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:33 pm
CBR said something about a ribbon board. Not in the renderings but that would be cool

Also, there are a couple small changes from the original renderings. The courtside lounge doesnt have glass walls anymore. Who wants people looking at them like a zoo anyway? Makes it more exclusive. Good change

Anyone know of any other 'hidden' features?
Looks like more rows of seats than in earlier renderings, could be wrong.
 #85139  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:53 pm
Would much rather have a state of the art basketball arena for our wonderful basketball team. The donors donated for basketball not for baseball.

If they wanted to donate for baseball that would have been done along time ago.
 #85140  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:00 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Would much rather have a state of the art basketball arena for our wonderful basketball team. The donors donated for basketball not for baseball.

…and it was but ED refused the donations and nixed efforts to raise money. People were never given the chance to raise the money. I know of one huge donation, 7 figures that was turned down.
 #85143  by Roundball
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:05 pm
apaladin wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:

…and it was but ED refused the donations and nixed efforts to raise money. People were never given the chance to raise the money. I know of one huge donation, 7 figures that was turned down.
This is a thread about a great basketball program and you want to use it to bash Elizabeth Davis? You should be banned from the UFFP. Real Furman fans are sick of your nonsense. Go support Woffy.
 #85144  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:51 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:32 pm
I would imagine even if money was raised institutional help would have been required
some free advice... just drop it. This has been debated about a dozen times.....
I didn’t bring it up but I agree just need to drop it. Baseball is gone for good.
 #85146  by FUBeAR
 Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:39 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:05 pm
apaladin wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:

This is a thread about a great basketball program and you want to use it to bash Elizabeth Davis? You should be banned from the UFFP. Real Furman fans are sick of your nonsense. Go support Woffy.
Should apaladin be BANNED for …

1) Thread drift and encouraging thread drift

OR

2) Making less than positive comments about those in authority

OR

3) Making Roundball mad or upset by having a different opinion than that of Roundball’s

OR

4) Because Roundball says a certain class of people, whose qualifications for membership in that class are determined exclusively by Roundball, are unhappy with apaladin’s presence here.

OR

5) Some combination of any of the 4 above reasons, or all of them.

Regardless, solely based upon Roundball’s oft used determination of that which “SHOULD BE” for everyone else, FUBeAR expects the wheels of UFFP justice are already in motion and we can expect to see the results of that deliberation forthwith.

FUBeAR expects that if apaladin would first pay a half a billion dollar fine to TheUFFP, then Stumpy could prolly see his way clear to levy only a 3 year suspension in lieu of a lifetime ban. We need to know something, though. Does apaladin have any children who also post here? Stumpy has really big bills….that’s BILLS, with an i.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
apaladin liked this
 #85149  by Furmanoid
 Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:07 am
2020 was a time for elite academic types to go hog wild making panicked, stupid decisions without ever having to admit they screwed up. Dropping a baseball team is a pretty benign example.My daughter’s school almost made her get a 3rd booster last spring. Glad they relented. One of her 27 yr old skinny peers had his 1st heart attack this summer.