• SoCon Tonight

#63  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 pm
UNCG beat ETSU by 18 at UNCG
Mercer beat Sammy by 5 at Sammy

More than likely we will end up playing either Mercer or WCU in the first game of the tourney. Very likely that FU and WC will finish in the 3rd and 4th slots and Mercer and WCU in the 5th and 6th slots. Of course 3 will play 6 and 4 will play 5. It probably doesn't matter but if I could choose I would rather play WCU than Mercer. We have beaten Mercer 5 in a row and twice this year. Both wins against Mercer was when they were not at full strength. I would also rather see ETSU in game 2 instead of UNCG if we get that far.
Still a possibility we could play WC in the first game too.
 #76  by stonemd
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Let's beat ETSU at their place and I think the conference will end up
1 UNCG
2 ETSU
3 Furman
4 WC

Or we can remember uncg losing to
Unca, Presbyterian and UTC
Add conclude they are not invincible
 #77  by stonemd
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Let's beat ETSU at their place and I think the conference will end up
1 UNCG
2 ETSU
3 Furman
4 WC

Or we can remember uncg losing to
Unca, Presbyterian and UTC
Add conclude they are not invincible
 #80  by CharlieFU
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:43 pm
Finishing 3rd in SoCon this year is nothing to sneeze at. We can do it. Win 4 out of last 5 to finish 12-6.
 #99  by tya1
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 pm
ETSU's weakness is their inconsistent outside shooting. They lucked out in winning the game at the Citadel despite only hitting 2-23 from three point range. They only hit 26% against UNCG and got whipped. UNCG's weakness has been poor play away from home. They have also been inconsistent on offense when Alonzo isn't shooting well. Both of those teams have been good on defense.

There are some interesting hurdles for a number of teams down the stretch. ETSU only has four games left but all of them could be tough. They play at Western Carolina and are home to the Citadel, Wofford, and Furman. UNCG has three in a row on the road - the Citadel, Mercer, and Wofford - all could be tough. Furman may have the edge on Wofford with the schedule. Both play at WCU and ETSU, but our game with Chattanooga is at home and Wofford's is on the road. They play UNCG and Mercer at home and we play at Samford and home versus VMI.

Recent Topics

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 8:43 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 7:23 pm

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.