• WCU @ Furman (Jan. 15)(Battle for first place)

#24013  by MNORM
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:31 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 am
Disapointing crowd tonight. If this wasn't the smallest crowd of the year it was close(1,695). No band, lots of no shows, small student turnout but those that were there were loud. Kudos to the team.
There was still very good energy in the 2nd half from those of us in E2 all the way to the students. Can't help but think that energy helped the players come back and pull out the win. My voice is half gone from cheering and maybe taunting Carlos a bit, lol.
Paladin575 and 1 others liked this
 #24016  by fufanatic
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:40 am
I missed BR's comments after the game, but I would love to know if we attacked Dotson differently later in the 2nd half after he destroyed us for 10-15 minutes or if WCU stupidly went away from him. He was dominant in that 2nd half and almost single-handedly beat us. Will be something to look out for next time we play them. I feel like I've said this every SoCon opponent so far this year, but Western was very impressive to me. I don't think their record is a fluke and I think they'll compete all year. What a ridiculous league this year. We deserve two teams in the tourney, but my worry is that we will all beat the hell out of each other over the next month and no one's record will be gaudy enough for an at-large slot.
 #24024  by tim
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:36 pm
MNORM wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Disapointing crowd tonight. If this wasn't the smallest crowd of the year it was close(1,695). No band, lots of no shows, small student turnout but those that were there were loud. Kudos to the team.
There was still very good energy in the 2nd half from those of us in E2 all the way to the students. Can't help but think that energy helped the players come back and pull out the win. My voice is half gone from cheering and maybe taunting Carlos a bit, lol.
Dotson is easy to taunt, isn't he? He spent most of the game talking and profiling to the crowd along with one other guy. That, along with the trip at the 5:10 mark of the first half reminded me why its so easy to pull against WCU.
 #24026  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:41 pm
MNORM wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I heard you taunting Carlos, lol. Still would like to have the band at every home game. Without knowing for sure but I would bet that FU is the only SoCon team that doesn't have a band at every SoCon game.
 #24027  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Would have been nice to have the band there

Crowds are getting much better for FU hoops no doubt about it, our average is up a good bit, but drawing well on weeknight games is still a puzzle we are trying to solve
Wednesday nights have always been a tough draw. It’s a huge night for church, which includes activities for children.
Yep and all we have at home are Wednesday night games for over a month. Next Saturday home game is Feb. 15th.
 #24029  by MNORM
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:41 pm
MNORM wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I heard you taunting Carlos, lol. Still would like to have the band at every home game. Without knowing for sure but I would bet that FU is the only SoCon team that doesn't have a band at every SoCon game.
My cover's blown :lol: :lol:
 #24047  by furpop16
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:31 pm
Getting that #1 seed will be important. Bunch of tough competition this year
Sagarin has the SoCon immediately behind the vaunted Missouri Valley Conference.
http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm
(scroll down halfway to the Conference Rankings)