• Wofford

#31  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:52 pm
Big game. Must win. I’ll be there. Need to shoot well from 3 and rebound.
 #34  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:38 pm
Wow.

Jalen plays like that consistently we win the tourney.

Interesting mind games going on w Sibley.

What a TEAM win. Everyone contributed. Good defense, shared the ball, shot well.
 #35  by gman
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:49 pm
That was fun. Great crowd, a sellout. I am proud of Coach Richey and his staff for doing what had to be done with the starting five. It was team ball at its best. Jalen was a beast.
 #36  by Bootie
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm
Never seen Mounce until today. I was very impressed with his play and athleticism.
 #37  by CharlieFU
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 pm
Mounce can play. Only gonna get better.

They gotta figure out how to get Jalen to play that way more consistently.

Top 10 players all scored. We can be hard to beat when we play like that. Team win for sure.

THAT WAS FUN!
 #38  by Flagman
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 pm
Sure was fun to be a Paladin this afternoon: blow-out wins by both men and women.
 #39  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:53 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wow.

What a TEAM win. Everyone contributed. Good defense, shared the ball, shot well.
Very enjoyable game. I wondered about Sibley. not starting. If you notice he is best when he is smiling. I didn't see him smiling any today. He played ok today. We ended the first half on a 37-10 run. I think the white unis instead of the ugly gray ones had something to do with it.
 #42  by MNORM
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:34 pm
Great win. Got a kick out of all the Wofford fans sitting round us who got up and left at the 8 minute mark in the 2nd half.
So what's the deal with Sibley? Was he sick this week, was this some sort of punishment, or is Bob just trying to mix things up?
Speaking of mixing things up...for a few minutes tonight we had Mounce, Rafferty, and Jalen Williams all on the court at the same time. It seemed to throw Wofford for a loop.
 #43  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 pm
In the first half, the way we were running players in and out I thought JJ was back. LOL.
 #44  by dornb
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm
This was our first basketball game in several years. We picked a great game to attend! We were very impressed with the team, the atmosphere, and the improvements in Timmons Arena. Go Paladins!
 #45  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm
So the wife and I stopped by Carolina Drive In for a quick dinner and in walks the Wofford basketball team. They looked pretty downtrodden.
 #46  by dornb
 Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 am
We went to Shortfield's after the game. The Furman basketball team and their families were there.
 #50  by fufanatic
 Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:09 pm
Didn't get to see the game, but nine players with five or more points will probably get it done just about every day of the week. Very satisfying to beat the crap out of Wofford at home and was sooooo nice to see Jackson do virtually nothing for them. He's killed us in most other games.

I hope Sibley can get it going again. Will more than likely need him to be at least close to the reigning SoCon player of the year player that we know he can be to win a title.

I was super bummed after The Citadel loss ... no UFFP, two losses in a row. But all is right in the world again.
 #51  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm
fanatic, you can watch a replay. Just go to the game story and click on video or just go to www.watchespn.com. It's worth watching. :)
 #53  by cavedweller2
 Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wow.

20 minutes a game from Jalen like he played would make a huge impact in the tourney.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.