• The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

#76724  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:01 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:01 am
Hype news. Glad to know everything seems to be right on track. Before we know it FU will have the best facilities in Mid Major basketball. Long overdue if you ask me!!!!
BIG TIME HOOPS!!
apaladin liked this
 #76834  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:40 pm
We need to consistently win the SOCON and then we can talk about switching conferences. Our time of dominating the SOCON is soon, we just need to capitalize on our momentum from last season! This upcoming season in my opinion will tell us a lot about the future success of the program. I admit I am mainly a pessimist but I am deeply concerned about Western Carolina. They are returning a lot of their players and in my opinion have the best player in the SOCON (Vonterius Woolbright). Samford also semi-reloaded this offseason. My biggest concern team-wise is or defense down low.
 #76837  by KingPaladin
 Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:49 pm
Yep we can't talk about realigning unless the conference collapses. We've won the title once since 1980 and been to one tournament. If anyone could have left it would have been Wofford after their consistency since 2010. More likely would have been Chattanooga or ETSU who have large enough student populations. We have like 2500 students. Good luck competing in the NIL world with Liberty or not to mention USF who is huge and has a ton of money.
 #76838  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:55 pm
We haven't even been able to fundraise 40 mill for our arena after one of the biggest shots in march madness history. We just don't have the funds to switch conferences and compete with NIl
 #76870  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:21 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:49 pm
Yep we can't talk about realigning unless the conference collapses. We've won the title once since 1980 and been to one tournament. If anyone could have left it would have been Wofford after their consistency since 2010. More likely would have been Chattanooga or ETSU who have large enough student populations. We have like 2500 students. Good luck competing in the NIL world with Liberty or not to mention USF who is huge and has a ton of money.
Wofftard has zero fan base and Spartanburg is a crap market, the only thing Wofftard will ever do is drop to non-scholarship Pioneer one day :lol:
 #76900  by KingPaladin
 Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:57 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:22 pm
I mean I get it, Gonzaga has certainly stayed in the WCC forever and dominated.......................
Similar to UConn they have no football to be desirable to any conference. Gonzaga's location also kills them otherwise theyd be perfect for the Big East
FU Hoopla liked this