• Furman @ UAB Nov. 25th

#81262  by jesse174
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:38 pm
Pegues needs to shoot better if we plan to win many games this year. Hein must be injured or something and without him playing well we have little or no chance of winning.
 #81263  by jesse174
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:39 pm
Pegues needs to shoot better if we plan to win many games this year. Hein must be injured or something and without him playing well we have little or no chance of winning.
 #81264  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:50 pm
We really lack a dominate scorer aside from Foster… We need a consistent number two scorer. I think that coupled with a lack of defensive intensity is really our downfall. UAB got too many uncontested attempts downlow. Hughey was almost in a way too aggressive. But everyone else was slacking. I especially see this issue with Hein. He is so “soft” down low. He really needs to play into his size. He is a really good player but normally he’s defense is a lot better.
 #81265  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:51 pm
The same goes for Bowser who sometimes seemed a little lost while trying to keep up with his man. One UAB jump shot he didn’t even contest…. And he had the chance
 #81266  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:53 pm
On the bright side I thought our 3pt it shooting was really good. That kept us in the game. If we can shoot like we did tonight and put more intensity into our defense we will be a tough team to beat!
 #81269  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:32 pm
With Hughey and Williams back CBR shook things up tonight. Whitt started and Molnar played only 2 minutes, never saw Vanderwal, he did not play, was he with the team?
 #81271  by FurmAlum
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:21 pm
I only saw the second half live but we had ample opportunity to win that game. Our offensive execution the last 6 min. was poor. The real culprit though, was the poor defense. UAB was getting so many easy shots, especially their big men. I haven't watched the first half yet but giving up 52 points can't be good.

On a positive note we made a good comeback in the first 12 min. of the second half. I thought Hughey looked good shooting the ball and Foster played his usual good game.

We knew there would be growing pains and there certainly are. This team is learning on the job on how to play together and what each player's role should be. This is William's first game back and Hughey's first game back healthy. Now VDW is out for a while. Hien is not as effective as he needs to be, etc. Bowser is going to be a great player but is still learning, especially on defense.

I am confidant that by the end of the year we can be good enough to win the SoCon Tourney again. But it's going to be a rocky road.