• New Ask The AD

#86239  by cavedweller2
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 pm
biggest take-aways for SD

2. FU will create a 1 year masters in Sustanability next year. Should help with grad transfers
I hold a Post - Graduate Diploma in Corporate Sustainability from Furman. Maybe they will convert it to a Masters Degree. That would be cool.
 #86244  by FUBeAR
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 pm
Here you go!
Jeopardy question is: Who are 2 men we are so fortunate to have associated with Furman Athletics?

GREAT STUFF AS ALWAYS!

…a shoutout for the Blue Velvet clip was the only thing lacking. :twisted:
 #86286  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:45 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 pm
Here you go!
Jeopardy question is: Who are 2 men we are so fortunate to have associated with Furman Athletics?

GREAT STUFF AS ALWAYS!

…a shoutout for the Blue Velvet clip was the only thing lacking. :twisted:
DUPLICATION DELETED + REMAINDER GREATLY SHORTENED. GLAD JD GOT HIS AWARD. CAUTIOUS ABOUT HOW LONG WE CAN BE SO FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO RETAIN HIM AND WHAT COMES AFTER HIS DEPARTURE.

HERE BEGINS THE CLEANED UP VERSION. MAJOR APOLOGIES FOR THE PREVIOUS VERSION.
(In the podcast ...) There was a considerable amount of tiptoeing around some of the questions, such as [perennial] championship-level "emphasis on football AND emphasis on basketball" [as they have the most potential for producing revenue] and not "either/or".
[From The Daily Dose, Hero Sports .Com, Sam Herder, 3/20/24]
…in the FCS-to-FBS realignment realm… … FCS-to-FBS [talk continues]….
… a lot of these football programs …feel stuck in the FCS mud. They see what the Dakotas and Montanas are doing to compete at an FCS championship level and realize they …can’t reach that bar. Plus, while no one will say this publicly, there isn’t as much ROI pouring money into FCS football in some regions.
… teams stuck behind the top-tier FCS teams and not gaining any ground … Is making the playoffs every now and then and losing in the first or second round while watching the runaway trains like SDSU, NDSU, Montana, and Montana State play in the title game every season that fun?
It takes a stronger football team to compete for an FCS title than to be bowl-eligible in a G5 conference. Maybe playing in bowl games gets the juices flowing more than early playoff exits. And it’s easier to invest in football more when there is more revenue coming in from the CFP, conference TV deals, and P4 buy games.
… an FBS jump could boost excitement from fans, donors, sponsors, and recruits for a team that isn’t going anywhere in the FCS anyway and doesn’t have the means to compete at the top of the FCS.
[…and from Inside Higher Ed .Com, 3/21/24, Josh Moody…]
… trend at the Division I level, where universities that have built reputations and alumni support on robust athletics have increasingly begun dropping … programs… … to save money, …
… [beginning in early 2020] many institutions slashed various sports....
a handful of Division I institutions have made headlines for dropping multiple sports even after the pandemic eased. …The rationale for most institutions has been largely the same: to save money.
…there’s a lot of nuance to understanding how investment in sports would affect a particular school… numerous factors must be considered, including the popularity of the sport within a college’s region and what it costs ….
… the seismic changes that the NCAA’s pending legal battles portend. Perhaps the most significant issue ahead is the unionization of college athletes…If college athletes are recognized as employees... it could usher in a paradigm shift, given the expectation of compensation.…a requirement to pay athletes would prompt a retreat for colleges, with many in Division I likely to winnow programs down to 16, the minimum number the NCAA requires to maintain Division I status. …that’s especially true for the Division I programs already struggling…. … deficit budgets....
Last edited by Affirm on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #86288  by FUBeAR
 Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:32 pm
Is there a User Welfare Check reporting system on this site?
 #86290  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:01 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Is there a cliffnotes version of Affirm’s post? :lol:
Davemeister liked this
 #86291  by tim
 Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:17 pm
I know I'm exhausted. I think I got caught in some weird time warp.
 #86305  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:20 am
FUBeAR wrote:
ACTUALLY THAT IS MUCH KINDER THAN WHAT YOU COULD HAVE SAID, AND STILL MAY SAY.
Paul C liked this
 #86306  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:01 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Is there a cliffnotes version of Affirm’s post? :lol:
Yes. Now there is. You are invited to go back up and read the cliffnotes version.
apaladin liked this
 #86307  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:25 am
Paul C wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:22 pm
TLDR
TLDR was a kind response. Thank you. You are invited to go back and read again. Much shorter and duplications removed.
Paul C liked this
 #86309  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:29 am
The 1:45 PM Thursday March 21, 2024, post is NOW cleaned up. Apologies for all the previous mess. And if f it's still a mess and TLDR, etc., I apologize for that also.
(Hereby giving my apology to Tim also.)
Paul C, apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild...

by apaladin

Mon May 06, 2024 10:47 pm

User avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by FUBeAR

Mon May 06, 2024 6:29 pm

Default Avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by Furmanoid

Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by apaladin

Mon May 06, 2024 1:11 pm

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.