• PRAYERS FOR BRYCE STANFIELD

#84946  by dornb
 Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:00 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:20 am
Obituary. https://thomasmcafee.com/obituary/bryce ... stanfield/

As the mother of an only son, this has been so distressing to me. I feel so heartbroken for his poor parents! I am praying for them and all of Bryce's family and friends. He is on the prayer list in my Sunday School class.
FUBeAR, FUATT, gman84 and 4 others liked this
 #84967  by Sad Din
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:45 pm
SD apologizes... has been away for a few days and could not post

Sincere and deepest condolences to all who knew Bryce and to his family. So sad

As Dins fan, we adopt all these kids as our own. We admire their exploits and live to see them succeed.

We often fail to see the off the field sacrifices and are quick to criticize when things dont go well

Bryce's passing has reminded SD that there's more to it than a score. Much much more...

SD pledges to think twice before posting a back seat driver comment in memory of Bryce from this point forward

Again, to Bryce's family and close friends .. so very very sorry for your loss. You are not alone in your time of deep depp sorrow
dornb, Choir Boy liked this
 #84972  by gofurman
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:51 pm
Again PRAYERS for the family etc.
I am glad I’m not on social media - friends of mine saw political posts about immunizations etc.

Please people - NOT you all. Others

This would Not be the time for that.

Again I offer prayers for his family
 #84974  by furpal81
 Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:43 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:51 pm
Again PRAYERS for the family etc.
I am glad I’m not on social media - friends of mine saw political posts about immunizations etc.

Please people - NOT you all. Others

This would Not be the time for that.

Again I offer prayers for his family
I unfortunately have seen some of the same comments from people about the vax. It’s really ticked me off because most people don’t seem to be affiliated with Furman or Bryce. Now is not the time and his family, teammates, coaches nor friends need to be reading the nonsense I’ve seen.
 #85013  by Grizfan26
 Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:11 pm
Griz Nation is very sad too. What a horrible and shocking tragedy. It hit me particularly hard, because I had talked to the parents of a non-senior d-lineman in the Missoula airport on Sunday after the playoff game. We sat tougher and talked for awhile. I had noticed a d-lineman after the game, a number in the 90's I believe, walking around on the field, talking to players who were kneeling by themselves around mid-field. The parents said it was their son, and he had been talking to seniors. While they were sad the season was over, they were very very proud of their son. I think it must have been the Stanfield parents.

Egriz, the UM football message board, had an immediate thread, and there were some nice posts. Unfortunately, someone started talking politics and the thread was moved.

The game had been a terrific game. Griz fans know, like, respect and follow Furman. Many of us had attended the 2001 championship game in Chattanooga.

We wish nothing but the best for the Stanfield family and Furman. I lobbed in a donation to Furman, via the link provided above.

Go Palladins!
dornb, Paul C, FUBeAR and 9 others liked this
 #85022  by The Jackal
 Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:54 am
I couldn't help but be reminded of Gray Griffin, a soccer player who tragically passed in a car accident while I was at Furman in 2002. I looked at the dates, and Bryce Stanfield was born (September 2002) roughly three weeks before Griffin's accident (October 2002).

The soccer team was really good that year. They finished ranked in the top 10 nationally, I believe. They still designate one game a year as the Gray Griffin Memorial Game. My understanding is Griffin's is the only jersey retired by Furman's mens soccer team. I guess Griffin would be in his 40s now.

I hope the football program, when the time is right, can find a meaningful way to honor Bryce Stanfield. Maybe they can reserve #97 for a senior who exemplifies what it means to be a student athlete at Furman. Maybe they can find a way to honor his memory and what he meant to the program.
FUBeAR, Stumpy, AllTimeFU and 4 others liked this
 #85061  by FUBeAR
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:22 am
Bryce Stanfield Memorial Service | February 17th, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/live/D5aVGluCYe ... _IY7u0b9qz
Jasper, gman84, Roundball and 1 others liked this
 #85262  by FUBeAR
 Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:44 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:27 am
“Furman football player's death was unrelated to practice, university says.” https://www.postandcourier.com/greenvil ... a28cb.html
Since the ‘clinical’ is now ‘out there’ …

The article / the Furman spokesman might have also noted / mentioned that he was not even participating in the workout - due to the minor back strain. He was just there observing, as FUBeAR understands from first hand sources.

So, yes, he “collapsed during a team workout,” but not ‘while he was working out.’

That information would help people who might be thinking that the intensity of the workout, perhaps, caused the clot to move to his heart.
AstroDin, Jasper, QCGlue and 1 others liked this