• SDSU - NIL / Collective

#83901  by gofurman
 Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:14 pm
Heard during the Frisco game that SDSU is working to have an NIL Collective (MONEY) to try and pay to keep some players.

I had made the point earlier that one thing the portal might do was create parity as the Cooper Kupps and Tony Romos or Dexter Coakleys would leave for $ at a P5.

If the SDSUs of the world can start paying NIL its going to be EVEN harder for Furman to compete. If that happens - and nothing surprises me these days - the few FCS that can pay some $$ may begin to dominate even more as most FCS schools cannot pay a dime and so will be lucky to keep a Ryan Miller but an SDSU (since they said they are working on a collective pay player set up) will keep more Ryan Millers and Darren Graingers. I swear they had 4 or 5 NFL possible players today / certainly 5 -7 Power 5 level players - how did they achieve that and not lose any to the almighty DOLLAR? Surely Minnesota or Illinois or someone would pay 50-200K to take their best players. And , since the NFL is never a given, those kids should take that money !!!
 #83902  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:51 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:14 pm
Heard during the Frisco game that SDSU is working to have an NIL Collective (MONEY) to try and pay to keep some players.

I had made the point earlier that one thing the portal might do was create parity as the Cooper Kupps and Tony Romos or Dexter Coakleys would leave for $ at a P5.

If the SDSUs of the world can start paying NIL its going to be EVEN harder for Furman to compete. If that happens - and nothing surprises me these days - the few FCS that can pay some $$ may begin to dominate even more as most FCS schools cannot pay a dime and so will be lucky to keep a Ryan Miller but an SDSU (since they said they are working on a collective pay player set up) will keep more Ryan Millers and Darren Graingers. I swear they had 4 or 5 NFL possible players today / certainly 5 -7 Power 5 level players - how did they achieve that and not lose any to the almighty DOLLAR? Surely Minnesota or Illinois or someone would pay 50-200K to take their best players. And , since the NFL is never a given, those kids should take that money !!!
While we can’t / won’t compete with some of the big money bags collectives, is it possible to partner better with Greenville and the local businesses for some bene’s? Furman families get x% off at hotels and restaurants?
 #83912  by Roundball
 Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:12 pm
Albeit minimal I am sure but FU already has an NIL thingy.
Yes. Furman does have a NIL collective for basketball and football. It is completely separate from Athletic Funds donations.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.