• Matt Sochovka gets one more "sack"

#82699  by Furman Sports Report
 Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:40 pm
So Thursday night, there was a big kerfuffle on Twitter when a Montana "reporter" tried to twist Tyler Huff's complimentary words on Montana's defense into somehow that Huff was talking trash about Montana's defense. Whoever hosts the Griz pregame show on the videoboard in the stadium even made reference to it, which is pretty pathetic.

At the postgame press conference last night, Matt Sochovka stuffed said "reporter" - who was in attendance - into a locker.

Enjoy.

https://x.com/bethhooleVNL/status/17333 ... 82815?s=20
dornb liked this
 #82721  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:36 am
I hated that Huff's words were taken out of context.

It reminded me of the drama that came out of the Braves playoff series a few months ago due to the faux outrage of "atta boy Harper." It was like they were doing whatever they good to try to froth up their fan base.

Sochovka rightfully called it out.
Jasper liked this
 #82729  by FUBeAR
 Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:32 am
They are possum-belly soft and also whiny butt-hurt that Furman was ranked #2 coming down to the end of the season and almost ‘stole’ ‘their’ #2 seed. Entitled candy-a$$e$.

Act, en masse, like a bunch of Jr. High School girls, IFBO.

FUATT
 #82731  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:47 am
After all the talk, Big Sky has one team remaining, and only by the skin of their teeth.

They hated the idea of Furman being the 2 seed because they weren't part of the FCS inner circle. Furman proved they could fly across country on a short week and show they were worthy of that seed. #3 USD was hammered at home by unseeded NDSU. #4 seed Idaho was exposed by a CAA team. I've watched Idaho a few times and am pretty convinced they'd finish no better than third or fourth in the SoCon.
dornb liked this
 #82738  by MNORM
 Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:40 am
The Jackal wrote:
After all the talk, Big Sky has one team remaining, and only by the skin of their teeth.

They hated the idea of Furman being the 2 seed because they weren't part of the FCS inner circle. Furman proved they could fly across country on a short week and show they were worthy of that seed. #3 USD was hammered at home by unseeded NDSU. #4 seed Idaho was exposed by a CAA team. I've watched Idaho a few times and am pretty convinced they'd finish no better than third or fourth in the SoCon.
As a long time voter in the AGS poll I try and watch some of each game from the Top 10 teams (challenging with the CAA). I'm with you...Idaho was incredibly overrated.
 #82746  by FUBeAR
 Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:33 am
MNORM wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:40 am
The Jackal wrote:

#4 seed Idaho was exposed by a CAA team. I've watched Idaho a few times and am pretty convinced they'd finish no better than third or fourth in the SoCon.
Idaho was incredibly overrated.
So agree - FUBeAR has found nothing to like about Idaho in the 3 games he’s watched them play - they are a less accomplished Samford...or a slightly better VMI.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNORM liked this
 #82767  by FurmAlum
 Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:00 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 pm
Tyler Huff was a winner at Furman and is a winner in the game of life. Hate it that he had the late -season injury. No doubt in my mind that if he and Roberto had been full speed, we would be playing this coming Saturday.
And Montana knows it, too.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.