• Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

#85513  by cavedweller2
 Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:00 am
I heard Calvin and Hobbs were both coming.
Davemeister liked this
 #85519  by Dins&Heels
 Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:23 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm
Sorta bothers me when recruits use that gosh awful alternate logo, instead of the classic diamond F. 😳
Yeah I’m cool with having a secondary logo that represents more of the Paladin concept but our current one looks nearly identical to a million other college and high school logos.
 #85627  by gofurman
 Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:53 pm
Heard Tyler Huff is going to Jacksonville State.
Boo. Transfer U. some Jax State posters still on AGS board - why ? You are big G5 now. Move on. Not a Jax state fan.

Still a little odd to me that he left. If he knows our system so well now why not stay. Oh well
 #85632  by gman84
 Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:14 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:53 pm
Heard Tyler Huff is going to Jacksonville State.
Boo. Transfer U. some Jax State posters still on AGS board - why ? You are big G5 now. Move on. Not a Jax state fan.

Still a little odd to me that he left. If he knows our system so well now why not stay. Oh well
More NIL....just guessing.
 #85635  by Fred Garvin
 Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:08 am
Logjammin was a great Jackie Treehorn movie.....does this mean Karl Hungus is in the portal?
hypercycloid liked this
 #85669  by gofurman
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:51 am
tim wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:28 am
It's time to develop new QBs. Don't need to log jam that position.
I will never understand this point if view. If Ingle Martin could stay another year would we want him to leave for us to “not log jam” a position?????? If we had Armanti Edward’s would we want him to leave to free things up?.. basketball - I wish Bothwell and Slawson were still here. Good analogy there. They stayed and we had our best year in FORTY YEARS. There is proof. Same as football last year. Many stayed. We had our best year in over a decade !!

We should always want the best players to stay. I wish Huff very well and hope he got some money. No ill will towards the great young man …

But the argument was made by Jackal and others that Huff in second year with learning Ropers system would be better than Huff in year one with Roper. Well, similarly, Huff in year 3 would have been even easier and expanded the playbook even more. Now we will probably simplify the playbook a little for a new qb.

And I hope we do great! But no doubt a third year starter knows more audibles and is a more proven commodity - and what a winner!!! - than a new starter. My take. ;)
apaladin liked this
 #85670  by gofurman
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:54 am
Still can’t confirm if Ivan Yates left…. Hope he is staying because our d backfield lost almost everyone. And apparently has been a weaker point in practice

Anyone know. Bueller ? Yates gone or staying ?

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild...

by apaladin

Mon May 06, 2024 10:47 pm

User avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by FUBeAR

Mon May 06, 2024 6:29 pm

Default Avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by Furmanoid

Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by apaladin

Mon May 06, 2024 1:11 pm

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.