• Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

#83558  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:30 pm
SU DOG wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:22 pm
FUTex
Just wondering if you have considered making a move within the SoCon Message Boards? I realize there is the rule that you would have to sit out a year, but you could weigh that against the revenge factor of doing so. That factor would allow you to rub it in the face of any Purples that have disrespected you in the past. Consider this post as another interest of your Portal announcement. Best of luck in your Portal quest.
@ FUTex … here, almost certainly, is your “Cumberland” interest. Told you they are a sneaky lot.

Samfords in Cumberlands clothes, they are.
 #83657  by FUTex
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:04 pm
FUBear, the "Clay Feet" is the Book of Daniel reference.

Cave, the Cecil's Business School in Asheville is okay, bit their venue of the Reformed Episcopalianic Orthodox Redeemer Temple on West Henderson Avenue Extension is full of heretics, especially on Tuesday night. I don't know if we could muster the mojo there.

I think the Cumberland University I am being talked at is the one in Tennessee; the one that had that unfortunate game with Georgia Tech back in 1916.

I am now going to look into this Samford thing. I like their religiosity, but t seems vaguely incestuous. First, I have to find their message board.
 #83678  by FUTex
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:27 am
I found Samford's message board, at least the one called Dog Pound. They got an SU Dog and a Cujo and many lurkers. I think I can help them.

Question: May I still be a UFFPer and yet sign onto the Samford board and help them build a mojo against Florida for their September 7 game? Gainesville is filthy with sasquatches, swamp monsters, progressive blue-haired gnomes, faux badasses, and fishheads. I'd hate to see their football squad get blown out.
 #83680  by Bootie
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:09 am
FUTex wrote:
I found Samford's message board, at least the one called Dog Pound. They got an SU Dog and a Cujo and many lurkers. I think I can help them.

Question: May I still be a UFFPer and yet sign onto the Samford board and help them build a mojo against Florida for their September 7 game? Gainesville is filthy with sasquatches, swamp monsters, progressive blue-haired gnomes, faux badasses, and fishheads. I'd hate to see their football squad get blown out.
Just like a player who leaves Furman for the portal, you'll be dead to me.
FUBeAR liked this
 #83681  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:27 am
FUTex wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:04 pm
FUBear, the "Clay Feet" is the Book of Daniel reference.
This oh-so-meh response to a post richly populated with opportunities for complex, nuanced repartee is going to hurt your portal perception.

Failure to recognize a feigned ignorance carom, with the enhanced difficulty of a relatively obscure subject and the post then BRINGING IT with not only 1, but 2 (2!!!!) directly related and/or seasonal audio visual enhancements, and you then executing a return without even the slightest shred of amusement, will not impress the mods of D1 message boards.

You might want to see if Cortland or North Central (IL) are seeking talent. Cujo sets the bar in Homewood and is a tough hombre. FUBeAR can give you a reference, but you’re going to have to do better than this to close the deal.
 #83686  by FUTex
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:18 pm
Dear FUBear,

Please excuse my transgressions. I mistook the ABBA video for something it was not. And for the record, I always preferred the nazi chick over the blonde.

As to the documentary you posted on the Book of Daniel, that is perhaps the finest recreation of scriptural drama and theological exegesis I have ever seen. When I first played it I had to cut it out quickly, because the social worker said I was not allowed to view teenage boys in wigs wrestling with dogs anymore. “No no no” she said. But I viewed it in full just now, and I proclaim the thespian who played King Nebuchadnezzar to be a master of the dramatic arts. I laughed, I cried… I felt all human emotions all at once. Well done, and thank you for your research.

Dear Bootie,

You are correct. I am sorely shamed that I even considered posting on Samford’s board. You see, I got all caught up in the excitement of casting a mojo against Florida. And that Cujo… jeeze louise. The taunting and abuse I could have delivered. It all seemed so new and stimulating. Titillating, like that girl in high school that everyone warned you about but you dated her anyway because she wore a skirt and was willing to talk to you.

To All,

It appears I am out of the portal. Besides Cecil’s Business School in Asheville, ULM, and Samford the only message boards to show any sincere interest were South Carolina and LSU. They both discontinued talks when I suggested we have online fan video chats showcasing meat puppetry and muck-banging at Stax’s Original Restaurant.
FUBeAR liked this
 #83688  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:42 pm
FUTex wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:18 pm
Dear FUBear,

Please excuse my transgressions. I mistook the ABBA video for something it was not. And for the record, I always preferred the nazi chick over the blonde.

As to the documentary you posted on the Book of Daniel, that is perhaps the finest recreation of scriptural drama and theological exegesis I have ever seen. When I first played it I had to cut it out quickly, because the social worker said I was not allowed to view teenage boys in wigs wrestling with dogs anymore. “No no no” she said. But I viewed it in full just now, and I proclaim the thespian who played King Nebuchadnezzar to be a master of the dramatic arts. I laughed, I cried… I felt all human emotions all at once. Well done, and thank you for your research.
 #83689  by FUTex
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:48 pm
Fellow UFFPers - Many people of faith have difficulties with books like Danial, Ezekiel, and Revelations. Conceptual literature like prophecy and apocalypse are troubling, to be sure, and unfortunately misunderstood by laypeople and skeptics alike. Please search in Youtube for the work of the expositor "Wilson5454" and see his masterwork "Christian Ed". Alternatively, you can see the link on page 2 of this thread under Fubear's post. I promise you will not be disappointed.
 #83694  by gofurman
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:30 pm
Bootie wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:09 am
FUTex wrote:

Just like a player who leaves Furman for the portal, you'll be dead to me.
I now pull for Florida with Napier there. Hope he makes. Second year in a row he has top two hardest schedule in nation, Just brutal
 #83695  by FUTex
 Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:50 pm
Quick update on FUBear's "Christian Ed" by the sage Wilson5454 - Do NOT go to the 4:18 mark. It is gruesome. Skip over it if you don't want to vomit.
 #83697  by FUBeAR
 Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:45 am
FUTex wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:50 pm
Quick update on FUBear's "Christian Ed" by the sage Wilson5454 - Do NOT go to the 4:18 mark. It is gruesome. Skip over it if you don't want to vomit.
OT is more than an oft-used acronym for a violent Football Player. It also represents a supernaturally-inspired and extended historical account of a violent, unredeemed time in the history of humanity; and a bit prior.

The scene which Tex references is extremely difficult to imagine and to watch. Perhaps the AI-enabled CGI deployed in the production was just a bit too realistic.

BUT - if we can watch it while keeping in mind that Good News is coming, perhaps the scene won’t entirely melt your hearts, brains, and souls. Because of Joe King’s (RIP) unwavering assurances of that aforementioned News, FUBeAR was able to get through the scene intact.
 #83743  by FUTex
 Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:30 pm
But but but...

When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into the flames, they survived and a fourth person was seen walking in the hot ovens with them. (That fourth figure being a clear foreshadow of Dick Sheridan). In the video's re-enactment we see two men burning up, like something akin to a Mexican cartel video, with these giant ISIS tongs picking them up and torturing them as their flesh melts. Its nightmare fuel. I can't get the vision out of my head.

Dr. Joe King was a splendid man. He taught me that miracles do occur, because I got a B in Religion 11. Dr. King liked the winter with no leaves on the trees, because he would say "I can see all the buildings, and the bricks, and the people walking". That's the salient thing I remember him saying, and they became my watchwords of the '80s. He said a bunch of other things too, and that's how the mojo was developed and the Paladins became legendary on the gridiron. That's a fact.
FUBeAR, Davemeister liked this
 #84004  by FUTex
 Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:51 pm
Ole Miss capped their season off by beating a very good Penn State team. They return many starters. They are set to rank somewhere between 5 and 8 (inclusive) at the beginning of 2024. In short, we've got them right where we want them.

FAMNN BATT CCLOT
 #84259  by FUTex
 Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:15 am
As many of the long-time ol' UFFPers know, a football game can be won or lost on the power of a college's alma mater, both the luminosity and vibrosity. I think we have a problem with our alma mater. Witness the first stanza:

The Mountain City is her home,
A mountain river laves her feet,
But from far coasts her children come
And crown her brow with flowers sweet

So, the Mountain City must refer to Greenville; said mountain being either Paris Mountain of the Blue Ridge range mayhaps. The mountain river must be Reedy River, which is really stretching it to call it a "mountain" river, but okay. Now we hit the problem - her children do not come from far coasts. They come from nearby. Or, maybe, the "far" is relative. You see, the Furman alma mater was written by Furman President Edwin McNeill Poteat back in 1907, and it could be that "far" was Charleston. Then we hit another problem in the next line - crowning a brow with flower's sweet is the type perverse activity I would not condone. That's just sick.