• Furman vs. UTC Negative Nancy and Pessimist Patty Thread

#81376  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:24 am
FUBeAR often hears that it’s hard to beat the same Team twice in a season.

FUBeAR does not like for his Team to have to do hard things. Why can’t it be easy to win Football games, Conference Championships, and National Championships? Just think how much more we could all enjoy ourselves if these things were easy.

FUBeAR doesn’t like his Team to have to do hard things.

Beating Chattanooga on Saturday is and will be a hard thing.

FUBeAR does not like it. It may be too hard. Can we just not show up?
Roundball liked this
 #81415  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:02 pm
Bootie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:03 pm
Yo Tex, what’s the mojo plan for this weekend? Your simply being here may be mojo enough but I’m willing to also do a dance or something.
Everyone do EVERYTHING necessary for this game. Please. Wear underwear inside out. Whatever you did the last time we played UTC. whatever it takes. Bootie do you have the rattler? Or did you do something else last time we played these guys?

Everyone bring the mojo !!! Come to the game and be loud!!! I don’t care if it’s raining
 #81422  by FUTex
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:08 pm
Bootie wrote:
Yo Tex, what’s the mojo plan for this weekend? Your simply being here may be mojo enough but I’m willing to also do a dance or something.
I'm bringing a nasty nasty mojo with me. Its in a jar. Sealed in a glass jar. This is the same mojo that caused Texas A&M to lose to Tennessee thus flushing their whole season. It is a foul, horrid mojo. Its an abomination, and its in a jar. I'm going to get Flagman's blessing before I unleash it, for it requires someone worthy to direct its dreadful path. Hate-filled nasty nasty business this mojo in a jar is.

And yes, we are going to do a dance.
Bootie, FUBeAR liked this
 #81428  by Bootie
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm
gofurman wrote:
Bootie wrote:
Everyone do EVERYTHING necessary for this game. Please. Wear underwear inside out. Whatever you did the last time we played UTC. whatever it takes. Bootie do you have the rattler? Or did you do something else last time we played these guys?

Everyone bring the mojo !!! Come to the game and be loud!!! I don’t care if it’s raining

gf you haven’t been paying attention. If you recall from the ETSU at Furman Negative Nancy thread, I gave the rattler to the Little People at Western as a gift. I left it under the Ramsey Activity Center. I did not make that up. It was 100% true. It resides there for eternity. Its mojo power will likely never run out. I’m certain it’s why WCU didn’t make the playoffs.

The post was #78630. Here’s a quote to help:
Bootie wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 pm

…As we were leaving the Western game last Saturday and discussing the success of the rattle, my buddy said to me, “Why don’t you just leave it here and break the curse for good?“

I never imagined I would give up my rattlesnake tail, but I pondered for a moment and considered the following:

a) the rattle was nearly 30 years old and had deteriorated to the point that it was so fragile it could hardly be handled without falling apart, and

2) for the past 20 years has been sitting in a box, adding to the clutter in my home, and

III) The Cherokee have reported that if the Little People are treated with respect, they can actually bring you protection and favor…

I decided, why not?? At that very moment, we were passing by the Ramsey Activity Center and I saw a grated drainage culvert going under the building which looked a whole lot like what could’ve been a former (or current) Little People tunnel. I placed the rattle on a shelf inside as a gift. Then this week the Furmans won and the Westerns lost. You cannot get more proof than that.

Unfortunately, in hindsight, I realize I might have single-handedly brought down the 2023 WCU football program. I sincerely apologize, as that was not my intent.
 #81430  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:21 pm
FUTex wrote:
Bootie wrote:
I'm bringing a nasty nasty mojo with me. Its in a jar. Sealed in a glass jar. This is the same mojo that caused Texas A&M to lose to Tennessee thus flushing their whole season. It is a foul, horrid mojo. Its an abomination, and its in a jar. I'm going to get Flagman's blessing before I unleash it, for it requires someone worthy to direct its dreadful path. Hate-filled nasty nasty business this mojo in a jar is.

This unleashing, jar opening, and dancing sounds hard.

FUBeAR doesn't like to do hard things.

Can we just maybe put an open jar of Duke's down beside our tailgate chair, under which our faithful very old dog, Ojom, is tethered...and maybe just gently sway a little to the Bare Naked Ladies channel playing on the Pandora App/JBL-speaker thing?

FUBeAR can do that. It's not hard.
 #81433  by FUTex
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:49 pm
FUBear, you don't have to dance if you don't want to, although seeing a roided-out knight riding a cocaine bear whilst wielding a ridiculously over-sized marital aid doing a dance would be some powerful mojo.

Ixnay on the Ukes-day Ayonaisse-may. We don't want to give away our secrets in a public forum.
FUBeAR liked this
 #81435  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:14 am
Bootie wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Bootie wrote:

gf you haven’t been paying attention. If you recall from the ETSU at Furman Negative Nancy thread, I gave the rattler to the Little People at Western as a gift. I left it under the Ramsey Activity Center. I did not make that up. It was 100% true. It resides there for eternity. Its mojo power will likely never run out. I’m certain it’s why WCU didn’t make the playoffs.

Bootie wrote:

…As we were leaving the Western game last Saturday and discussing the success of the rattle, my buddy said to me, “Why don’t you just leave it here and break the curse for good?“

I never imagined I would give up my rattlesnake tail, but I pondered for a moment and considered the following:

a) the rattle was nearly 30 years old and had deteriorated to the point that it was so fragile it could hardly be handled without falling apart, and

2) for the past 20 years has been sitting in a box, adding to the clutter in my home, and

III) The Cherokee have reported that if the Little People are treated with respect, they can actually bring you protection and favor…

I decided, why not?? At that very moment, we were passing by the Ramsey Activity Center and I saw a grated drainage culvert going under the building which looked a whole lot like what could’ve been a former (or current) Little People tunnel. I placed the rattle on a shelf inside as a gift. Then this week the Furmans won and the Westerns lost. You cannot get more proof than that.

Unfortunately, in hindsight, I realize I might have single-handedly brought down the 2023 WCU football program. I sincerely apologize, as that was not my intent.
fari enough. if it is that powerful maybe we should go get it and drop it on the utc sideline.
 #81441  by palafan
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 am
FUTex wrote:
Bootie wrote:

Glad you found an image. CCLOT
 #81442  by Bootie
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:40 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:14 am
Bootie wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Bootie wrote:

Bootie wrote:

fari enough. if it is that powerful maybe we should go get it and drop it on the utc sideline.
gf, one does not give a gift and then take it back. Especially from the Little People. That would go against all social norms and create an HUGE amount of negative mojo.
 #81453  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:32 pm
I am full of pessimism this week!
1. It's gonna rain so Mrs. G is having issues with proper headwear.
2. The rain will increase our chances for injury which is causing me Round 3 pessimism if we get there.
3. We may have to use the lights Saturday . Did someone check them? I hope using lights doesn't lead us down the road of wearing our night home uniforms.
4. Fred has been constipated all week and I fear that I will have to drop a mud brick at the stadium Saturday. The rain will cause me to wear extra layers and some of those layers will be wet. This will cause the seat to get wet as I take off rain gear and this will create a very negative mud release experience. If I can't release the hounds Friday night I may not even come to the game.
5. When is the banquet? Is the public invited?
Bootie liked this
 #81492  by FUTex
 Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:22 am
Mojo Alert.

Bad news and more bad news. First, Fred Garvin is terribly constipated. We need to get them intestines moving again. For the love all things holy, all we're asking for here is a little help. Maybe a purple suppository with a diamond F on it. Anything, really. A garden hose, a gerbil, a firecracker...

Second bad news is my mojo in a jar exploded. Possum parts everywhere. I transferred the essence to a screw-topped bottle and am bringing that. Hope it works.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Paladin91

Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.