FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:53 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:57 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:55 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:50 am
Barton got hit and flipped what I thought was late by a MOC, I'm guessing the REFS saw this as playing till the whistle. Barton rolled right up and shook his finger somewhat in the face of the MOC player. I thought it was a picky call.

Sochovka and the refs were having heated discussions most of the game, same for Clay. Not sure what was going on.
OK - thanks - when, in the game, did this occur?

AND

Reckon why FUBeAR cannot find a record of it occurring from text searching the Play-by-Play info?
It was in the 4th quarter, latter part. There was stuff going on all game, usually away from the play and definitely not for the cameras to see. I think Chatt thought that would be their way of being physical with us. Did not work. There was one incident after the whistle where a Chatt backer was tussling with Pline who basically did a look away basketball shove like …you don’t want any piece of me.
Team Stats show…

Team Statistics
Statistic UTC FUR
Penalties - Yds. 5-30 4-32

… and here are the 4 penalties for 32 yards…

PENALTY FUR Ineligible Downfield on Pass (Toomey,Pearson) 5 yards from UTC06 to UTC11. NO PLAY.

PENALTY FUR Illegal Block in Back 7 yards from FUR15 to FUR08.

PENALTY FUR Holding (Johanning,Jacob) 10 yards from UTC03 to UTC13. NO PLAY.

PENALTY FUR Holding (Pline,Mason) 10 yards from UTC24 to UTC34. NO PLAY.

Also - just watched every FU D play in Q4 - nothing like an Unsportsmanlike Penalty on Barton. He only played about 3 or 4 plays in that quarter. Will watch the 3rd also, but …

…something is not jiving
Definitely, Astro saw it too!
Just watched the 3rd quarter - nope.

Was the Wicked Weed end zone open and maybe vending something a bit more like their name implies?

Hey guys,
It was a punt return, i hit their shield and stopped my feet, he hit me and proceeded to run down field, i got in his face laughing, then he pushed me again, i fell back, got up and clapped my hands in his face. Super silly thing to do, was caught up in the moment.

Camera followed the ball, leaving this all off screen. Interesting there isn’t a record of it.

I will learn from this and adjust.

Edit:
Also, the refs were actually yelling (screaming) at both teams, one of them even put his hands on Sochovka, not sure they were prepared for southern football.
Got it … so mystery fully solved … watched Replay again with this info and this…

4th and 1 at UTC39 Crile,Clayton punt 46 yards to the FUR15 fair catch by Harris,Joshua at FUR15 PENALTY FUR Illegal Block in Back 7 yards from FUR15 to FUR08.
4th and 1 at UTC39 FUR ball on FUR8.

…is how it was recorded in the play-by-play … so JB93, his confession here notwithstanding, has plausible deniability and should have been able to litigate away the 15 banks due for such a penalty (if they still do those … and it woulda actually been 100 banks for an Unsportsmanlike under Coach Sheridan)

BTW - JB93 did some AWESOME blocking in there on Goalline plays. If only HKB60 coulda blocked like that…we mighta beaten SC State and advanced ourselves. :twisted:
 #82094  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:25 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:16 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:13 pm
THAT IS FREAKIN BEAUTIFUL
BUT .... the 2 Podcast geniuses saw this and said ... "Ha Ha...that's against...who? Chatta...nooga. C'mon....not a Big Sky team....Ha Ha Yuk Yuk"

Oh...wait...

NFL Players By College

Montana
1 Dylan Cook Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Tackle

Chattanooga
1 McClendon Curtis Seattle Seahawks Guard
2 Tae Davis Carolina Panthers Linebacker
3 Corey Levin Tennessee Titans Center
4 Cole Strange New England Patriots Guard

F'in IDIOTS - Those MF'er's really got under FUBeAR's skin....tell Coach Hendrix to watch out for FUBeAR tryna stow away on the Plane - FUBeAR's ready to STRAP UP!!!
Louis Tully liked this
 #82120  by Louis Tully
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:19 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
BUT .... the 2 Podcast geniuses saw this and said ... "Ha Ha...that's against...who? Chatta...nooga. C'mon....not a Big Sky team....Ha Ha Yuk Yuk"

Oh...wait...

NFL Players By College

Montana

Chattanooga

F'in IDIOTS - Those MF'er's really got under FUBeAR's skin....tell Coach Hendrix to watch out for FUBeAR tryna stow away on the Plane - FUBeAR's ready to STRAP UP!!!
The arrogance of ignorance cannot be understated these days.
FUBeAR, Davemeister liked this
 #82123  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:55 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Oh...wait...

NFL Players By College

Montana

Chattanooga

Is that just an active list?

It appears, for instance, Davonsha Maxwell from UTC is on the Brown's injured list.
 #82127  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:42 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:55 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Oh...wait...

NFL Players By College

Montana

Chattanooga

Is that just an active list?

It appears, for instance, Davonsha Maxwell from UTC is on the Brown's injured list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/players
Search by college
 #82167  by Mocs123
 Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:12 pm
I've been licking my wounds the past few days after the second half beatdown we received on Saturday, but wanted to say good win by the Paladins. I was hoping we'd have a competitive back and forth game like we did in Chattanooga, and we hung tight in the first half, but just couldn't do anything right in the second half. Good luck against Montana this weekend. Hopefully the Griz overlook you as much as their fans seem to be.

Now we're focused on re-recruiting our roster to keep other schools from convincing our players to jump in the portal - the fun of modern college football!
DeepPurple, FUBeAR, gman84 and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.