• NEXT YEAR

#81377  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:31 am
I was going to put a pin in this until after the playoffs were over, but am I missing something? I don't see that 71 (Tex Elliot) has played at all this year. Are we talking about his performance in practice? I'm more just curious than trying to disprove the claim that he's looked good.

*Edited to say the participation report doesn't show Norman at all (at least not from what I can tell) so maybe it's not as accurate as it could be*

GF, I thought he only had 1 year of eligibility, but it looks like he might have another year left if he wants it? Redshirted in 2019. Played in 20, 21, and 22 at ETSU. Played in 2023 for Furman. I think he technically still has 1 year left due to the Covid year stuff.

Like PR, I think we'll be ok on the offensive line given who we have in charge at HC and OL coach. I still think we may grab a portal guy given the injuries we've had there (can't have too much good depth), and it may be more than 1 if a number of the possible 6 year guys decide not to come back.
 #81399  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:50 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:31 am
I was going to put a pin in this until after the playoffs were over, but am I missing something? I don't see that 71 (Tex Elliot) has played at all this year. Are we talking about his performance in practice? I'm more just curious than trying to disprove the claim that he's looked good.

*Edited to say the participation report doesn't show Norman at all (at least not from what I can tell) so maybe it's not as accurate as it could be*

GF, I thought he only had 1 year of eligibility, but it looks like he might have another year left if he wants it? Redshirted in 2019. Played in 20, 21, and 22 at ETSU. Played in 2023 for Furman. I think he technically still has 1 year left due to the Covid year stuff.

Like PR, I think we'll be ok on the offensive line given who we have in charge at HC and OL coach. I still think we may grab a portal guy given the injuries we've had there (can't have too much good depth), and it may be more than 1 if a number of the possible 6 year guys decide not to come back.
Thanks. I noticed none of the posts mentioned Norman. I honestly never know whos coming back

It would be Great to get any of Johanning, Toomey, or Hughes. or Norman would help a lot too. I sure hope one or 2 come back
 #81406  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:06 pm
I had also forgotten that Furman announced Kody Varn as a transfer last year from Newberry. Not sure he ever made it to Furman.
 #81407  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:24 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:06 pm
I had also forgotten that Furman announced Kody Varn as a transfer last year from Newberry. Not sure he ever made it to Furman.
FUBeAR understands his stint as a Paladin was exceedingly brief.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

User avatar Fred Norman Jr in the portal

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 pm

User avatar NFL DRAFT

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.