• Silver Helmets

#81118  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:02 pm
Bootie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:47 pm
Please no more “look at our fancy helmets” for the playoffs. White with purple diamond F please.

Tradition.
That’s a smart idea.

Not only for tradition; it’s just prudent. Since we may be on the road, there are some states in which doing a “look at my fancy purple helmet” will get you 20-Life.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenvegas, Bootie liked this
 #81119  by FUTex
 Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:38 pm
Good one FUBear. Good one. I'm not sure many got it, but I did.

But seriously, no more fancy-schmancy helmets. If you think about it, almost all the medieval kings who died in battle were wearing fancy helmets when they died. Harold II took an arrow in the eye, for goodness sake, while wearing one of his fancy "look at me; I'm a King!" helmets. An arrow. In the eye. I think a lot of European royalty would have been saved if they'd worn a more dignified plain white helmet with a diamond F on each side.
FUBeAR, Bootie, Victor Greene and 1 others liked this
 #81133  by Thorny
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:25 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Bootie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:47 pm
Please no more “look at our fancy helmets” for the playoffs. White with purple diamond F please.

Tradition.
That’s a smart idea.

Not only for tradition; it’s just prudent. Since we may be on the road, there are some states in which doing a “look at my fancy purple helmet” will get you 20-Life.
When I was still a student at Furman there was a gay club in Atlanta advertising a football night with with a shirtless young man sporting an eye catching muscular torso and arguably the most fashionable helmet in all of college football. I think it goes without saying it was not a silver helmet.
 #81153  by HKB60
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:12 pm
FUTex wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 am
While HKB60 is technically correct, one must consider the devastating downline ramifications of those silver helmets on the mojo. That's not just common sense; that's science. Moreover, we need the Diamond F on both sides of the helmet, clearly visible. Silver scatters the mojo randomly while the Diamond F provides a focal point for refraction. Noted Furman alum Charles Townes, the inventor of microwave spectroscopy and the laser, wrote about this in his academic paper "The Convergence of Science and Religion". If you think I'm making that up you should read that paper.
FUBeAR has seen HKB60 rub lucky buckeyes until their eyes or their bucks (not sure which ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) fell off. He also rubbed them all over his body…and then put those buckeyes back in the box for others to rub. Called it “teambuilding.”

Don’t listen to him. He’s a buckeye superstition pre-vert.
I must admit that the "lucky buckeye" was a must for the 81 & 82 season, but it didn't always work as some other evil forces overcame the luck of the buckeye! However, as stated earlier, the silver helmets are not the problem, The evil exist at the stadium of Wofford college! There are forces under the turf at Gibbs Stadium as multiple games have been lost by the Paladins at that cursed place. With all that being said, it is time to put the silver and black helmets away and play with the white helmets throughout the playoffs until we hoist the National Championship trophy in Frisco! The white helmet with the purple F is the best looking helmet in the college football world and the one that is recognized by all!! The only thing I would add to the white helmet is a silver stripe in the middle of the two purple stripes. A tribute to all the successful teams in FU's history
 #81213  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:42 am
HKB60 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:12 pm
FUTex wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 am
While HKB60 is technically correct, one must consider the devastating downline ramifications of those silver helmets on the mojo. That's not just common sense; that's science. Moreover, we need the Diamond F on both sides of the helmet, clearly visible. Silver scatters the mojo randomly while the Diamond F provides a focal point for refraction. Noted Furman alum Charles Townes, the inventor of microwave spectroscopy and the laser, wrote about this in his academic paper "The Convergence of Science and Religion". If you think I'm making that up you should read that paper.
FUBeAR has seen HKB60 rub lucky buckeyes until their eyes or their bucks (not sure which ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) fell off. He also rubbed them all over his body…and then put those buckeyes back in the box for others to rub. Called it “teambuilding.”

Don’t listen to him. He’s a buckeye superstition pre-vert.
I must admit that the "lucky buckeye" was a must for the 81 & 82 season, but it didn't always work as some other evil forces overcame the luck of the buckeye! However, as stated earlier, the silver helmets are not the problem, The evil exist at the stadium of Wofford college! There are forces under the turf at Gibbs Stadium as multiple games have been lost by the Paladins at that cursed place. With all that being said, it is time to put the silver and black helmets away and play with the white helmets throughout the playoffs until we hoist the National Championship trophy in Frisco! The white helmet with the purple F is the best looking helmet in the college football world and the one that is recognized by all!! The only thing I would add to the white helmet is a silver stripe in the middle of the two purple stripes. A tribute to all the successful teams in FU's history
All of this. Nuts rubbing on bodies. Evil at Woff. Jimmy Hoffa under the turf in Spartanburg. Etc

WEAR DAMN DIAMOND F TRADITIONAL HELMETS. if I see silver helmets in playoffs we need to have a word with CCH. coaches - like crazy fans and baseball players - need to track these things and note whatever we wore to beat Mercer and VMI at home and wear it again

I only half jest. If we came running out in silver helmets in a week I would lose my crap. Lol
 #81218  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:04 am
I don't get as wrapped up into this.

No one has more credibility with the history of the Furman program than Clay Hendrix, whose career spans several decades. We beat UTC at home last season in an upset win wearing black on homecoming. He definitely doesn't seem to care.

We didn't lose to Wofford because of silver helmets. We lost because we played like crap.
FUeveryday liked this
 #81226  by FUTex
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:19 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:04 am
I don't get as wrapped up into this.

No one has more credibility with the history of the Furman program than Clay Hendrix, whose career spans several decades. We beat UTC at home last season in an upset win wearing black on homecoming. He definitely doesn't seem to care.

We didn't lose to Wofford because of silver helmets. We lost because we played like crap.
Yes, we lost to Wofford because we played like crap. Why did we play like crap? Because we wore silver helmets.

If you get a speeding ticket you can say the reason why is because the police caught you on radar. Well, if you hadn't been speeding you wouldn't have been caught on radar. Its simple logic.

Wearing silver helmets is like going 70 mph down Poinsett Highway with no pants on holding an open beer out the window. It always ends badly. And, just so you know, Officer Jenkins from the Greenville PD has NO sense of humor.
FUBeAR, Bootie liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

User avatar Fred Norman Jr in the portal

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 pm

User avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:25 pm

User avatar NFL DRAFT

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 11:43 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.