• Wofford

#80780  by gman84
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:03 pm
It was that kind of a game.
 #80782  by FurmAlum
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:08 pm
Amen. Not to mention the run up the middle on 4th and 1 for a TD or the fumble on 4th and 1 that they did pick up and run for a TD.

What a nightmare.
 #80783  by Thorny
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:10 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:59 pm
When I saw everything went wrong for Furman, this is part of what I'm talking about.

Furman gets a strip sack, Gilby runs over to pick up an almost stopped football. The only Wofford players in the zip code are offensive linemen. Right before Gilby picks up the ball to run it into the end zone, Dimaggio pounces and covers it up.

After everything that went wrong today, we could very well have been Dimaggio's nonstop motor from winning the game.

I've thought about that endlessly. Dimaggio doesn't grab the ball and Furman likely wins.

Hard to fault Dimaggio for making the big play/safe play. Yeah, there was no one else in the area, but I imagine Dimaggio didn't have the best view of what was going on being spread eagle on the ground and all.

/Shouldn't be the defense's responsibility to score points though.
Last edited by Thorny on Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUBeAR liked this
 #80784  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:15 pm
It was that type of thing all day.

It kind of reminds me of that James Madison game in 2005. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, and all of them together was enough to lose the game.
 #80785  by jesse174
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 pm
with a QB with little experience in there the lack of continuity on offense was no surprise. then we ran run option plays with no intention of Jones keeping the ball and fooled noone. and then the sweeps to both sides gained nothing and have been poor all year...looks like very poor coaching to me...no Huff no more wins for the Dins..its that simple..
 #80788  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:52 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 pm
with a QB with little experience in there the lack of continuity on offense was no surprise. then we ran run option plays with no intention of Jones keeping the ball and fooled noone. and then the sweeps to both sides gained nothing and have been poor all year...looks like very poor coaching to me...no Huff no more wins for the Dins..its that simple..

Reading comments like these you'd thought we were 2-9, not 9-2.
 #80793  by 'Din Djarin
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:25 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:52 pm
Reading comments like these you'd thought we were 2-9, not 9-2.
To be fair, we just got beat by a 2-9 team so we're at least giving 2-9 vibes.
 #80796  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:35 pm
I get it. We all wish today had been different.

We had a terrible game. It's going to cost us in terms of playoff positioning. Unfortunately it is what it is.

I don't think we have bad coaches, bad players, or are just going to show for a cursory one and done in the playoffs. We have a good football team that had a bad game today.

It stings because it happened in this environment with so much on the line. It's cool to be pissed about it, but it's not the end of the world. We've got more football to play.
Victor Greene, FurmAlum liked this
 #80798  by Stosh
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 pm
Disappointing as all hell, and ancient history is cold comfort, but remember the 1985 team - the first to make it to the 1AA championships, and then come within a couple of points of taking it - lost to Newberry - NEWBERRY - at home. An early season loss is easier to rationalize than the last game of the regular season, but hope springs eternal (though it would spring a bit higher with a top-4 seeding).
FurmAlum, FUBeAR liked this
 #80808  by palafan
 Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:04 pm
Everything got licked except the postage stamp to mail in the game. SMDH. I knew this was coming all week.
 #80822  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:29 am
palafan wrote:
Everything got licked except the postage stamp to mail in the game. SMDH. I knew this was coming all week.
I did too that’s why I said I was nervous earlier in the week. Riding high and get shot down by a one win team. We threw 38 times but did we ever throw deep down the middle like we did last week that resulted in 2 touchdowns?
 #80830  by Bootie
 Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:41 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:29 am
palafan wrote:
I did too that’s why I said I was nervous earlier in the week. Riding high and get shot down by a one win team. We threw 38 times but did we ever throw deep down the middle like we did last week that resulted in 2 touchdowns?
Yes we had at least two deep balls I recall off the top of my head. One was eastbound just out of reach of a very open receiver who had beat his man, the other was westbound and resulted in PI I think.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

User avatar Fred Norman Jr in the portal

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 pm

User avatar NFL DRAFT

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 11:43 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.