• Greenville News

#79427  by Bootie
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:57 pm
I don’t subscribe to the Greenville news, but I understand from those who do that there’s still no mention of Furman in the latest editions.

I am on Facebook, so I went to their Facebook page and browsed the past four days and found the following posts:
Clemson football: 20 posts
Clemson bball: 4 posts
USC football: 9 posts
USC women’s bball: 8 posts
SC HS sports: 9 posts
Furman: 0

I fear I’ll get carpel tunnel from scrolling far enough to find a mention of Furman.

I’ve decided I’m going to tag the Greenville News’ Facebook account in the comments when the Furman Paladins facebook page makes a post worthy of news coverage. I encourage you to do the same.

If you’re on Facebook but you don’t know how to do that, simply add a comment on any post and type @greenville news and you should see it pop up for you to select (you might have to “like” the Greenville News page for that option to appear). The text will turn blue. The admin of their social media will be notified of the tag and hopefully get the message.
 #79429  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:05 pm
Bootie wrote:
you might have to “like” the Greenville News
Sorry Bootie. That's a deal breaker for FUBeAR
Davemeister liked this
 #79432  by Bootie
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:45 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:05 pm
Bootie wrote:
you might have to “like” the Greenville News
Sorry Bootie. That's a deal breaker for FUBeAR
I thought that might be a problem 😂
 #79492  by Yadkin
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:27 am
Gannett News was last relevant a decade ago. No longer a viable, impactful news organization.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #79502  by HKB60
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:56 am
Whether I go to Facebook page to do that is still up in the air. I do harass the Greenville News an X (Twitter) though! I am curious as to why the News does not cover the Paladins. They did cover Bball. Hard not to though when they were part on the national sports scene after defeating Virginia. The News has always been slack in covering the Paladins but this non coverage of the football team is insane. Clemson and USC are both down and the city of Greenville has the FCS #2 team in the country right down the road!!
QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #79520  by KingPaladin
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:28 am
Stumpy wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:40 am
How many stories did they have about "Tyler from Spartanburg"?

Because....um....THAT'S newsworthy.
They should cover Carson from The Paladins
 #79643  by Stumpy
 Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:56 pm
Bootie wrote:
If you’re on Facebook but you don’t know how to do that, simply add a comment on any post and type @greenville news and you should see it pop up for you to select (you might have to “like” the Greenville News page for that option to appear). The text will turn blue. The admin of their social media will be notified of the tag and hopefully get the message.
Bad plan....
 #79653  by Bootie
 Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:00 pm
Stumpy wrote:
Bootie wrote:
Bad plan....
:lol: :lol:
 #79660  by cavedweller2
 Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:20 pm
Stumpy wrote:
Bootie wrote:
Bad plan....
Don’t respond. Dudes got Inertia. They don’t make a cream to cure that.
FUBeAR liked this
 #79664  by FUBeAR
 Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:24 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:20 pm
Stumpy wrote:
Bootie wrote:
Bad plan....
Don’t respond. Dudes got Inertia. They don’t make a cream to cure that.
You're right, no cream for it, but FUBeAR believes he has seen an unguent advertised that will knock that out in a just couple of days. Go for it!

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.