• They are who we thought were! ... Right?

#79244  by 'Din Djarin
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:09 pm
RIP Dennis Green

After today, it's time to believe that this Furman team is a really, really good football team. I'd even go so far as to call them a special team, because I'm pretty impressed by the guts they showed to day to re-group after Huff went down and do what they had to do to get a win.

But are they a great team? Personally, I think we'll find out only after the next two games. A good team would probably sleepwalk through these next two and maybe even take an L in one. A great team would stay motivated and win these next two convincingly to go into the postseason with momentum and maybe even do themselves some big favors as far as dates and locations go for playoff matchups.

Furman is really good. Are we great? I honestly think the final two games of the season will tell.
bj93, apaladin, Roundball and 2 others liked this
 #79250  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:50 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:09 pm
RIP Dennis Green

After today, it's time to believe that this Furman team is a really, really good football team. I'd even go so far as to call them a special team, because I'm pretty impressed by the guts they showed to day to re-group after Huff went down and do what they had to do to get a win.

But are they a great team? Personally, I think we'll find out only after the next two games. A good team would probably sleepwalk through these next two and maybe even take an L in one. A great team would stay motivated and win these next two convincingly to go into the postseason with momentum and maybe even do themselves some big favors as far as dates and locations go for playoff matchups.

Furman is really good. Are we great? I honestly think the final two games of the season will tell.
Absolutely. If we are GREAT there will be no let up and no losses because these guys have to know how much rides on every game.. seeding... home field etc ! beat VMI (who, by the way, is playing better as is Wofford !)
apaladin, dornb, Affirm liked this
 #79254  by purplehorse123
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:21 am
I think a good team would take care of business against VMI & Wofford.

I think we will only be remembered as a great team if we make a deep playoff run.

Regardless our offense needs to step up a little more.
bj93 liked this
 #79270  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:00 am
affirm wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:25 am
Do NOT take VMI lightly AT ALL.
Likewise, at the appropriate time, do NOT take Wofford lightly AT ALL.
Now is NOT a time to “rest” AT ALL.
THIS. IF you get up a couple of scores then play some backups for reps and protect starters. but ONLY IF you get up a safe amount, which hasn't been a thing for us all year except in game one v TTU I think and maybe very late against Mercer
 #79278  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:52 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:00 am
affirm wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:25 am
Do NOT take VMI lightly AT ALL.
Likewise, at the appropriate time, do NOT take Wofford lightly AT ALL.
Now is NOT a time to “rest” AT ALL.
THIS. IF you get up a couple of scores then play some backups for reps and protect starters. but ONLY IF you get up a safe amount, which hasn't been a thing for us all year except in game one v TTU I think and maybe very late against Mercer
It was also very late against TTU. Remember we scored 21 points in the last 7 minutes.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.