• Moving on to UTC

#79233  by El Guapo
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:11 pm
I was there and I’m so glad I was. I can’t remember a regular season game that was this intense since??? Win out and let’s go big! It’s great to be a Furman Paladin!
dornb, cavedweller2 liked this
 #79245  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:47 pm
If Jones has to play, then the defenses will have to respect the pass more and that should open up the run..Huff bad shoulder made it hard for him to pass effectively...
Was his shoulder hurt before this game started? I am really asking. I thought it got hurt on a sack/tackle and was just hurt when they pulled him out.

Or was it already hurt pre-game??

Thanks for any information !
 #79246  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:18 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:00 pm
I’m going to live in “ My “ dream world as long as I can. Our back up qb with very little playing experience just delivered a SoCon championship. Our defense made that possible. I’m 61 and have followed Furman football since 1978 and have been a fan since walking on campus in 1980. My son just got his second SoCon championship ring, this time with a playoff birth. We have not been flashy or dominating but we “just win baby.” Once again in my dream world… I have full confidence that Carson Jones can get the job done going forward no matter how long Tyler Huff is sidelined. For those that want to crap on our future success…good luck! My friggin glass is not half full, it’s full. Congrats to the everyone who made this possible!!!
Everybody's glass is full. It is just half water and half air :D
gman84 liked this
 #79247  by furpop16
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:21 pm
Anybody know where we can access an audio recording of Dan & team calling the game?
FurmAlum liked this
 #79248  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:26 pm
stonemd wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:42 pm
The negatives all somehow thrive on the attention. You would think they would enjoy the negative thread where they could complain to each other.
As a very happy emotional fan I wish all you unemotional, hindsighting Positive Patty’s would go jump in a lake along with your holier than thou attitude. Go Paladins!
Have to agree let's get rid of the antagonistic attitude on here - WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE !!! Go Furman WIn !!! Let's leave personal attacks out of it.
\

You know what is negative?? People who post here to call others negative. There is a nugget of truth in this...

YOU WANT REAL PERSPECTIVE ??? - I am having to work overtime, and that is perfectly fine - I am so positive I see it as a grand opportunity - problems are just opportunities in disguise... that is literally my life mantra.. ... I have seen this work out favorably so many times !!!

Matter of fact several people I work with think I am WAAAAY to positive. When FORCED to work 7 days a week, I was more than happy to help. Others were like "uggh this sucks", and aimed that "suck comment" at a few of the positive people like me. "Why would you want to work 7 days a week for a damn company?"

Here is the PERSPECTIVE and where I am going with this - why the overtime? Because I am supporting our military and the Israel situation with my work. So my work ain't jack crap. The things I have seen which emphasize WHY I am working 7 days a week, every week, until some unknown time in 2024 , just show me how great we ALL have it on here. all of us have it so great !

That we can have time to debate FCS football ? PLEASE. We live in a world of freakish abundance. THAT is positivity

We are so so so very BLESSED !!!!!!

now back to your regularly scheduled programming
apaladin liked this
 #79249  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:41 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:32 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm
Just remember, quitters never win and winners never quit! And that goes for fans too!

Also. Rehab is for quitters.
The worst part about an intervention is there is no one to drink with anymore.
have to agree. lol
 #79265  by FurmAlum
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:22 am
Dan,

I like to watch the game on ESPN+ but listen to you. I tried to do that yesterday thru ESPN Upstate/WYRD/Audacy. When I clicked on the Listen to Furman Football button I got a sports talk show. I tried 5 or 6 times and got the same thing.

Any idea why? I live in Tennessee if that makes a difference. Usually I have no problem.
 #79272  by DanScott
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:24 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:22 am
Dan,

I like to watch the game on ESPN+ but listen to you. I tried to do that yesterday thru ESPN Upstate/WYRD/Audacy. When I clicked on the Listen to Furman Football button I got a sports talk show. I tried 5 or 6 times and got the same thing.

Any idea why? I live in Tennessee if that makes a difference. Usually I have no problem.
I have seen some say this happened, and some say they had no issue. I have told the station.

Best way is to pull up booth cam video on Facebook. It's not as far behind and is a direct feed I control.
 #79275  by cavedweller2
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:41 am
I hit listen live on Furmanpaladins.com and it links right to the broadcast.
 #79276  by Kennypowers
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:47 am
Happened to me also and i'm out of state too.

The facebook feed was awesome and doubly cool in that In that I didn't have to join facebook.

Great work in the booth guys. I found that the facebook stream runs ahead of the ESPN+ coverage so I need to figure out--couldn't yesterday--how to synch that up. But it was kind of cool to watch the video of radio then see the play.....and to watch David Cobb stress out!

One other note: I wish we could see more post game locker room videos. used to have them a while back I thought, but haven't seen any this year (unless I'm missing where they are) and would have loved to see yesterday's footage.
 #79280  by furpop16
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:03 am
DanScott wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:10 am
For those who are asking... Booth Cam👇

The “Booth Cam” - of course ! Thanks, Dan, I’d forgotten. The posted link looks sketchy, but I had good luck scrolling down through “Dan Scott” on Facebook, here (such a professional broadcasting team - very enjoyable - we’re so blessed): https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=506597327
 #79287  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:12 pm
Lot of Mocs wanted a pass interference on this play - I don't think it is.

The ball is underthrown but it appears to hit Rhodes in the back before bouncing to Blackshear. Maybe the Moc receiver got his hands on it. Hard to tell.

It's hard to tell on the replay, but it looks like the ball makes contact with Rhodes before Rhodes makes contact with the receiver. Due to the under throw, the contact is created by the receiver trying to catch the ball behind Rhodes, not because Rhodes was causing the contact.

Under the rule, I don't see anything obvious that Rhodes was trying to "intentionally interfere" with the pass being caught. The receiver is well covered, the ball is poorly thrown, its not even clear Rhodes made contact before the ball hit him, and the ref is looking straight at all of it.

Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.