• Moving on to UTC

#79203  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:27 pm
FUTex wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm
That Win was Un Believe Able. I was completely wrong in my prognostication. UTC threw lots of shorts, and our O didn't roll like I thought it would. And the Furman D performed so well against a truly great UTC offense. I thought there was no way the Paladins would hold UTC to just 14 points.

I like reading the in-game thread, where apaladin goes irritatingly negative and gofurman goes ballistic over any perceived slight and kicks people off his board.

There were many turns in the game where I thought our cook was goosed. I haven't seen the stats yet but I bet UTC outgained Furman by 100 yards. There were many an "uh oh" moment.

Two more games.
You clearly don’t read. I asked that he not respond to ME. he can post on the interwebs all he wants. Be careful what you say before you say it Tex!!!

And we do have an offense problem starting to rear it’s head
 #79204  by cavedweller2
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:32 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm
Just remember, quitters never win and winners never quit! And that goes for fans too!

Also. Rehab is for quitters.
The worst part about an intervention is there is no one to drink with anymore.
gman84 liked this
 #79205  by cavedweller2
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:35 pm
As Coach Richey would say: We won an old fashioned SoCon rock fight.
gman84 liked this
 #79207  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:40 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:40 pm
Gutsy gutsy win by the Dins. Jones made some great throws that last drive. VMI and Wofford will be tough and I understand the skepticism about the rest of the season if huff can’t go but as I said earlier in the year…I’m going to enjoy the wins however they come.

Really really impressed with the fight of our guys.
This is one of the most objective posts here. Good stuff. If someone can’t see the GREAT win today they have a problem.

What a great D !

The post also notes some of the “#2 team skepticism”. Even with Huff we just aren’t moving the ball well recently. Our D ? PHENOMENAL. Helped by a few overthrows early but still amazing. We looked on pace for 10-20 points and that’s where we ended up.

W ETSU I got it. We were holding off running Huff and not throwing much. Very little of the playbook. But today w Huff you use everything you have. 3 points until middle q2.

Just saying anyone w clear glasses should agree our O has a most regressed ? 5/10 offense? While our D has improved especially getting pass pressure !!!! 9/10 on D !

We just need to get that offense back to a 7 or 8/10. Even a few more consistent first downs would be huge.
Choir Boy liked this
 #79209  by tya1
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:45 pm
Legendary win. If we can close the deal against VMI and Wofford, this is a game they will be talking about for years. I am glad I didn't read the comments during the game. Just water off a duck's back now - after the game.
dornb, Roundball, hypercycloid and 4 others liked this
 #79210  by dornb
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:46 pm
BearDownMU wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:39 pm
That's a tough, gutsy win by your guys. Congrats on the conference title. Hope Huff is OK.
Thank you! We hope he is okay too, but have faith in Carson!
gman84 liked this
 #79211  by jesse174
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:47 pm
If Jones has to play, then the defenses will have to respect the pass more and that should open up the run..Huff bad shoulder made it hard for him to pass effectively...
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #79213  by dornb
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:58 pm
tya1 wrote:
Legendary win. If we can close the deal against VMI and Wofford, this is a game they will be talking about for years. I am glad I didn't read the comments during the game. Just water off a duck's back now - after the game.
I never read the comments until after the game is over. I can laugh at them now that I know that we won. Much more enjoyable for me!
MidlandsPaladin, furmandad, Choir Boy and 2 others liked this
 #79215  by Roundball
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:26 pm
dornb wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:58 pm
tya1 wrote:
I never read the comments until after the game is over. I can laugh at them now that I know that we won. Much more enjoyable for me!
I wish the Negative Nancy’s would use the appropriate thread. Then again, it is satisfying to have this team prove them wrong, time after time.
dornb, FUBeAR liked this
 #79216  by stonemd
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:42 pm
The negatives all somehow thrive on the attention. You would think they would enjoy the negative thread where they could complain to each other.
Choir Boy, furmandad liked this
 #79217  by gman84
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:00 pm
I’m going to live in “ My “ dream world as long as I can. Our back up qb with very little playing experience just delivered a SoCon championship. Our defense made that possible. I’m 61 and have followed Furman football since 1978 and have been a fan since walking on campus in 1980. My son just got his second SoCon championship ring, this time with a playoff birth. We have not been flashy or dominating but we “just win baby.” Once again in my dream world… I have full confidence that Carson Jones can get the job done going forward no matter how long Tyler Huff is sidelined. For those that want to crap on our future success…good luck! My friggin glass is not half full, it’s full. Congrats to the everyone who made this possible!!!
Last edited by gman84 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choir Boy, AstroDin, furmandad and 8 others liked this
 #79222  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:26 pm
stonemd wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:42 pm
The negatives all somehow thrive on the attention. You would think they would enjoy the negative thread where they could complain to each other.
As a very happy emotional fan I wish all you unemotional, hindsighting Positive Patty’s would go jump in a lake along with your holier than thou attitude. Go Paladins!
 #79226  by cavedweller2
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:50 pm
tya1 wrote:
Indeed.
dornb liked this
 #79229  by cavedweller2
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:29 pm
Big time on the road win.
dornb, gman84 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.