• Moving on to UTC

#79178  by Affirm
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:46 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:43 pm
Huff did they say arm or shoulder or anything?
Celebrate.
Get TH well.
Focus on beating VMI.
Beat VMI!
Davemeister liked this
 #79182  by Bootie
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:23 pm
Only hope is for a defensive score, probably not much hope of that.
Wrong thread. :roll:

AP, I know you, I love you, I appreciate that you’re a fan, and I don’t say this to be mean but I truly just don’t understand. How many times is it gonna take for you to post this kind of negative, no-hope, all-is-doomed, garbage like this and keep getting proven wrong in the end before you realize what a waste of time it is to assume such negativity?
FUPlayer74, Roundball, hypercycloid and 3 others liked this
 #79185  by FurmAlum
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:56 pm
Bogus targeting call. One of best DB's out.
Other DB playing hurt.
Bogus PI negating interception.
QB hurt.
Nothing but luck Chatty TD.
Playing backup QB with hardly any game experience.

Win any way!

Wow!!!
MidlandsPaladin, bj93, AstroDin and 3 others liked this
 #79189  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:03 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:07 pm
When s*** like that happens its just not in the cards.
The cards were good to us. I guess you hate that we pulled it out.
FU
 #79190  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:07 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:23 pm
Only hope is for a defensive score, probably not much hope of that.
Wrong thread. :roll:

AP, I know you, I love you, I appreciate that you’re a fan, and I don’t say this to be mean but I truly just don’t understand. How many times is it gonna take for you to post this kind of negative, no-hope, all-is-doomed, garbage like this and keep getting proven wrong in the end before you realize what a waste of time it is to assume such negativity?
Yep and I’m the only one that said or thought anythung like that. :lol: :lol:
 #79193  by saltyshaker
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:13 pm
very gutsy win.super defense.kudos to carson jones who after struggling 1.5 quarters,found his mojo in the 4th qtr to pull out the victory.
if huff is unready to play going forward,who would be jones' qb backup in those games?would you go with the true freshman from california? or would you consider giving those snaps to shiflet who if i remember correctly transferred from middle tennessee as a qb before switching to wr?
 #79194  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm
Y’all leave AP alone.

Yes. He has his own stuff but he’s a definite fan. We need any fans we can get. And loud ones
apaladin liked this
 #79199  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:24 pm
PROs:
WIN !!!!
Conference title !!!!!
Win with backup QB
Blackshear able to play
Toomey played
Pressure on UTC QB !

CONs:
HUFF ??? Shoulder? :o

Utc WRs were open and behind our coverage several times in first half. Luckily utc qb overthrew by a few inches a few times. Whew

One worrisome thing was our inability to run. WCU ran all over these guys. Which leads to something Jackal mentioned - I think we are going to continue to see 8/9 in box to force us to run less and be more of a pass oriented team than we would like. We want to do what we did at WCU and run for 250+ but appears teams are just putting more than we can block in run box.
 #79200  by FUTex
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm
That Win was Un Believe Able. I was completely wrong in my prognostication. UTC threw lots of shorts, and our O didn't roll like I thought it would. And the Furman D performed so well against a truly great UTC offense. I thought there was no way the Paladins would hold UTC to just 14 points.

I like reading the in-game thread, where apaladin goes irritatingly negative and gofurman goes ballistic over any perceived slight and kicks people off his board.

There were many turns in the game where I thought our cook was goosed. I haven't seen the stats yet but I bet UTC outgained Furman by 100 yards. There were many an "uh oh" moment.

Two more games.
furmandad, hypercycloid, Choir Boy and 1 others liked this
 #79202  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm
Just remember, quitters never win and winners never quit! And that goes for fans too!

Also. Rehab is for quitters.