• Question Fo Dan

#77069  by AllTimeFU
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:02 pm
For next month, I'd like to hear about continuing to expand the graduate program beyond strategic design. That plays an important role for athletes that are looking to use a little remaining eligibility and get a great education while doing so.
gman84, dornb, FUBeAR liked this
 #84382  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:26 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:59 pm
We saw the Samford end zone complex is underway. Any update on the rumored one at Furman?
Mercer is moving forward with a pretty cool fan amenity in their End Zone opposite their Field House.

FUBeAR has discussed on here how some sort of structure would be nice in the Paladin Stadium scoreboard End Zone to enhance the current Wicked Weed End Zone experience. While the size/shape/layout is different, what Mercer is doing is what FUBeAR, generally, had in mind.

FUBeAR is aware that the discussion around a structure in that End Zone turned to something much larger with more uses than an in-game fan amenity…but maybe some really smart Architects / Designers can figure out how to do something relatively inexpensive (like the Mercer plans) as a Phase I that will accommodate additional planned Phase(s) being built around/behind/under whatever those smart Architects / Designers come up with for Phase I.

Just a thought… here is what Mercer is doing …

https://new.express.adobe.com/webpage/B ... LgSMcpfy8I

Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #84383  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:36 pm
Insta reel - can see current ‘look’ of End Zone with animated video of future structure (if this works and doesn’t stray off to some other Insta drivel)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2iA5dg ... luemx0bzQw
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #84384  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:37 pm
Doesn’t look like much and pretty useless IMHO. Who wants to watch a game ground level way behind the endzone? I guess it would ge fine if you don’t care about watching the game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
 #84386  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Doesn’t look like much and pretty useless IMHO. Who wants to watch a game ground level way behind the endzone? I guess it would ge fine if you don’t care about watching the game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Wrong, Sideline Breath…

FUBeAR has been watching FU games from ground level Endzone since the Wicked Weed End Zone opened in Paladin Stadium. End zone view for OLine geeks is PERFECT … Just need some elevation - you are correct on that 1 point.

Also, like the freedom to wander / stretch the back paws and still see the game. And, it facilitates better socializing for fans that aren’t quite as rapt by the game as others. AND … BEER …quickly…without missing the game.

Very useful & way cool. Would even say it’s FANtastic!!
 #84408  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:07 pm
Turn it into the BMW M Zone Performance center and we won’t need phases.
FUBeAR liked this
 #84433  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:24 pm
Questions for the AD, Bob Richey, Pierre Curtis, or all of the aforementioned coaches:

Why don't our women's basketball teams (home and visitors) come out for the national anthem?
When being introduced, several visiting teams have their players go and fist pump the refs, or an opposing coach, but not Furman? Seems like a gesture of respect. Why not?
Bootie, dornb liked this
 #84434  by AllTimeFU
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:29 pm
Are there any updates on additional graduate programs? MBA?
 #84435  by stonemd
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:56 pm
now you and JD agreed to put all Furman sports media on apple podcasts
when will it actually happen?
 #84436  by Roundball
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:50 pm
Flagman wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:24 pm
Questions for the AD, Bob Richey, Pierre Curtis, or all of the aforementioned coaches:

Why don't our women's basketball teams (home and visitors) come out for the national anthem?
When being introduced, several visiting teams have their players go and fist pump the refs, or an opposing coach, but not Furman? Seems like a gesture of respect. Why not?
Do we even introduce the visiting teams starting players? I sure don't remember that happening last night.
 #84444  by gman84
 Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:04 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wrong, Sideline Breath…

FUBeAR has been watching FU games from ground level Endzone since the Wicked Weed End Zone opened in Paladin Stadium. End zone view for OLine geeks is PERFECT … Just need some elevation - you are correct on that 1 point.

Also, like the freedom to wander / stretch the back paws and still see the game. And, it facilitates better socializing for fans that aren’t quite as rapt by the game as others. AND … BEER …quickly…without missing the game.

Very useful & way cool. Would even say it’s FANtastic!!
I have watched a couple of games from the W W end zone and find it to be a very nice alternative to my stadium seats. Mrs G prefers the seats vs. the end zone view…so we all know how that turns out for the majority of games. As FUBeAR has pointed out, a little elevation goes a long way. Most importantly, quick turnaround to rehydrate is critical!
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.