#78608  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:22 pm
the dropped passes early on foretold what was coming

TTL for the defense and FGs

with all that, WCU is losing and Chat won by 1

It happens... good teams still get the W
 #78612  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:32 pm
Toomey was on the sideline in shorts with a bendable knee brace. I think resting his knee which caused a bit of out of place on the line. We will see again the 8 in the box formula and we will learn from it.
 #78613  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:48 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Toomey was on the sideline in shorts with a bendable knee brace. I think resting his knee which caused a bit of out of place on the line. We will see again the 8 in the box formula and we will learn from it.
Hope he can go next week. I too think that really messed with our OL play. That n Huff only running three times.

Shorts indicates they had no intention of him playing today. Keep us posted. We will be in a much bigger fight if he can’t go at UTC
 #78635  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:40 pm
There is/was nothing wrong with TH. He was obviously told not to run the ball. Of course when you are trying not to get hurt that is when it hapoens.
 #78641  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:17 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:14 pm
Sorry if this was posted. Didn’t see it. Not terrible news I suppose

Thanks. Scott-Guess that’s a few weeks. Maybe baaack at end of reg or for playoffs
 #78642  by dornb
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:19 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:14 pm
Sorry if this was posted. Didn’t see it. Not terrible news I suppose

Thanks, Scott!
 #78643  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:21 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Agree here. This has become the mo for stopping us …. They see us as a better running team than passing team ( see last week v WCU) and I aagree. I think we will continue to see 8 in box for rest of year
 #78645  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:27 pm
Please anyone help me keep this updated.

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?
. Out for year I think
NEW :cry: 51 Petit OL out for year . Starting OG. Out at Sammy

Several RBs
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Grant Robinson out for a while. Maybe back in few weeks :D or last of reg season
RB Kendall Thomas nbr 17 practiced today 10/17 before WCU. :D
Good to add RB depth
Be good to have KT soon And maybe Grant later

So that leaves as of Samford game. At RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs
+ 9 Anderson
GOOD UPDTE. :D See above.
KT not seen yet in game though has practiced. Robinson may be possible later

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me as of ETSU. These are big. Need Toomey on OL

Toomey 75 did not play Vs ETSU was seen in shorts and flexible knee brace on sideline
Blackshear had hand surgery late October. Missed ETSU. Not expected out too long

What do y’all know about ANY of these guys status ? Thanks for help
Last edited by gofurman on Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #78655  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:29 pm
Take Huff off the list. Radio guys confirmed he is healthy.
dornb liked this
 #78681  by AstroDin
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:07 am
Apparently, Blackshear has been playing with a hand injury since the Citadel game. He went ahead and had surgery on his hand last week. Hunter mentioned the coaches hoped he could be back soon. It could be this week, or it could be the next. Robinson/Yates/Ingram played very well. The key to our coverage is Cally Chizik. We should be ok till we get Travis back.

Toomey was on the sideline in shorts, often huddling with the freshmen lineman, coaching. Toomey was also very animated. The dude is a gamer—you could tell he wanted to be in there.

KT was dressed out, and I thought he looked good in warmups. Later on the sidelines, I noticed the large thigh/knee wrap. I didn't notice it during warmups. He could have tweaked his knee.

Grant Robinson was on the sidelines in a black Jersey. He appears to be walking fine, without a brace or any signs of any other mobility device. We could see Grant back in action this season or for the playoffs.

Jayquan Smith was on the sidelines - in a major knee brace and crutches—well wishes for a complete recovery.
gman84 liked this
 #78722  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:41 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:11 pm
Astro is spot on about Toomey and Chizik. #24 is the key to our defensive backfield!
Yep Cally has been outstandng, 4 interceptions.
 #78732  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:45 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:29 pm
Take Huff off the list. Radio guys confirmed he is healthy.
Done and thanks.

To me, after Huff, Toomey is most important. That is NOT a cut on Blackshear. Not. As a matter of fact Blackshear might be the best NFL possible on the team! But with Chizick and Ryan and depth back there we just are more built to be down a guy in backfield.

On other hand, you could visibly see the OL wasn’t the same without Toomey.. partly talent of Toomey and some just learning and time to gel. We need him to get back

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.