• Injury Report

#77402  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:56 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:56 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:24 pm
51 is out. Was in a boot and crutches with something broken.

2’s family said they were told he was ok.
Tough for Petit. I think he missed most/all last season with injury too.
Yep

That stinks. Prayers for him Silver lining at least he is only a Sophomore
 #77404  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:03 pm
Please anyone help me keep this updated. What does anyone know about new ones I list at bottom???

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?
. Out for year I think
NEW :cry: 51 Petit OL out for year . Starting OG. Out at Sammy

Several RBs
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Grant Robinson out for a while. At least.
RB Kendall Thomas out nbr 17 left Mercer and didn't play v Citadel or Samford. Not sure about KT?? ANYONE KNOW? Havent seen him in several games.
Man, I hate that and that is a lot of depth to lose at RB ... hope they heal up for next year and just in general !!!

Wayne Anderson playing some RB now

So that leaves as of Samford …at RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs EDIT per Jackal. Good catch. . we really didn’t use Hicks at Samford . . Probably a fear of depth. ?
+ 9 Anderson
GOOD UPDTE. :D POSSIBLE Grant Robinson back late in regular season

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me

Still looking for a little more from the OL on the run push.. the only concern is that is TWO ILB out - one for year who was a starter last year.. and the other starter who was v good in 2022 is 'indefinite'. So not just two LB.. it is two INSIDE LINEBACKERS.
——————————-

New per the Sammy game-

Offense.
Starting WR Harris number 2. Left on targeting by Sammy player.
Someone said upthread his family said he was ok and he practiced today?

Defense.
3 starting DB Brinson didn’t play at all as far as I could tell Vs SAMFD
Starting DL 40 Stephens? Maybe left the field. On tv I couldn’t tell
Starting LB 44 Luke Clark. Maybe. Again on tv so hard to tell. One of these last 2 guys fell to ground on very last defensive play 😕

Help.

What do y’all know about ANY of these guys status ?
Thanks for any information on these injuries !!!!!!! Mainly obviously the Samford new injuries
[/quote]

Someone spoke with Grant Robinson at last week's game. He is still wearing a leg brace but expects to be back for the last 2 games of the regular season. / Hope so!
[/quote]
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #77407  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:45 pm
Pretty sure CCH said at the start of the year that Bryce McCormick was out for the year.
 #77410  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:45 pm
Pretty sure CCH said at the start of the year that Bryce McCormick was out for the year.
That’s what I was told by someone here and put in my list
 #77411  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:42 pm
Are 40 Stephens and 44 Clark ok.? They both went down at one point I think. One on final defensive play.
 #77463  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:32 pm
Haven’t watched the Monday presser yet but Scott Keeler confirmed Petit is out for the year. Joshua Harris was cleared to return to practice this morning. Didn’t see any other updates yet.
 #77467  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:48 pm
Didn't see anything on this, but Kam Brinson was listed as the starter at safety, but it looked like there was a lot of Caleb Williams in the game. Not sure if that was a rotation by design or Brinson had something going on.
 #77504  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:48 pm
Didn't see anything on this, but Kam Brinson was listed as the starter at safety, but it looked like there was a lot of Caleb Williams in the game. Not sure if that was a rotation by design or Brinson had something going on.
Jackal. Good catch. A few of us thought the same.

Brinson is all conference and I don’t think he ever saw the field. Not that I saw. He was on sideline in uniform but never saw a helmet

Hope he’s ok. Blackshear and Ryan and Brinson - among others - really help as all conference! THREE all conference. Wow

See my post above. Pst Number 77404
 #77509  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:48 pm
Please anyone help me keep this updated. What does anyone know about new ones I list at bottom???

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
. Out for year I think

Several RBs
Grant Robinson out for a while. Maybe back in few weeks :D or last of reg season
RB Kendall Thomas nbr 17 practiced today 10/17 as of the week before WCU. :D
Good to add RB depth
Be good to have KT soon And maybe Grant later

So that leaves as of Samford game. RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs EDIT per Jackal. Good catch. . we really didn’t use Hicks at Samford . . Probably a fear of depth. ?
+ 9 Anderson
GOOD UPDTE. :D See above. KT is possible now. Robinson later

New per the Sammy game-

Offense.
Starting WR Harris number 2. Josh Harris practiced today 10/17.
so he should be a go for Saturday WCU

Defense.
3 starting DB Brinson didn’t play at all as far as I could tell Vs SAMFD. nothing here yet
Starting DL 40 Stephens? Maybe left the field. On tv I couldn’t tell
Starting LB 44 Luke Clark. Maybe. Again on tv so hard to tell. One of these last 2 guys fell to ground on very last defensive play 😕

Help.

Thanks for any information on these injuries !!! Mainly obviously the Samford new injuries

Any word on the defensive guys ? Brinson? Stephens? Clark?
 #77521  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:00 am
Still not sure on Stephens or Brinson, but Clark did the presser this week. Doesn’t mean anything in regards to him playing, but I’m hoping no mention of Clark or Stephens since the game means they’re good to go and it was just one of those hurt not injured things.

Assuming Clark is good to go, Stephens being ok is probably the most important to me. Not that the other guys can’t do the job, but you’re going to need every guy you can muster against a team like WCU. A lot has been made about the WCU passing attack given our tendency to give up a big pass, but limiting Reid is going to be more important in my mind. If they can run the ball like they want to, it will be a long, tough day for the defense.
gofurman liked this
 #78559  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:10 am
Please anyone help me keep this updated.

OUT NOW
. Out for year I think

Several RBs
Grant Robinson out for a while. Maybe back in few weeks :D or last of reg season
RB Kendall Thomas nbr 17 practiced today 10/17 as of the week before WCU. :D
Good to add RB depth
Be good to have KT soon And maybe Grant later

So that leaves as of Samford game. At RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
+ 9 Anderson
GOOD UPDTE. :D See above. KT is perhaps possible now. Robinson may be possible later

*. BLACKSHEAR NOT LISTED for ETSU game notes??

Help.

#78572  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:50 pm
Blackshesr has bandaged hand arm in sling.
 #78591  by ksummerlin
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:17 pm
gofurman wrote:Has Toomey played?
We were just commenting that Toomey isn’t on the sidelines either.
 #78606  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm
ksummerlin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:17 pm
gofurman wrote:Has Toomey played?
We were just commenting that Toomey isn’t on the sidelines either.
WE NEED TOOMEY. DAM. Hope he is ok !!!!!!

Blackshear. Toomey. And HUFF played but seemed very tentative to run - he had several options to run that looked for easy yards and gave the ball to 8 almost every time when HUFF could a pulled it for open field.

I know I worry about injuries but those are big concerns. ESP huff not looking to run

Please post any knowledge. Thanks !!!!!!

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.