• Injury Report

#76190  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:26 pm
Roberto was running on the sideline during the second half so it didn’t look to be serious. We have some very capable young RB’s. They all look fast and run hard,
gofurman liked this
 #76195  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roberto was running on the sideline during the second half so it didn’t look to be serious. We have some very capable young RB’s. They all look fast and run hard,
Sort of impressive that we put the pedal down in the second half with our 4th and 5th running backs and our defensive captain out.
dornb, Bootie, Jasper liked this
 #76332  by FurmAlum
 Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:05 am
What is Kendall Thomas's injury and when did it happen? I saw him playing in the KSU game and didn't see anything go wrong.

Never saw him in the Mercer game. Was he hurt during weekly practice?

Anybody know?
 #76337  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:43 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:05 am
What is Kendall Thomas's injury and when did it happen? I saw him playing in the KSU game and didn't see anything go wrong.

Never saw him in the Mercer game. Was he hurt during weekly practice?

Anybody know?
Thomas has been in and out this season. Not sure if it's a lingering injury. He played a good bit against KSU.
 #76432  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Glad to hear this.. I just heard he went into the tent
 #76564  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:21 am
gofurman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:02 pm
Jackal and Astro, thanks for help keeping this updated !

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?

Several RBs
Grant Robinson RB NBR 28 out year?
RB Kendall Thomas out nbr 17 left Mercer
8 Roberto went to tent left MERCER (lower leg was noted by radio)

Safety 6 Hugh Ryan went out too (lower leg they said)

That’s a lot of quality. Roberto and Ryan all conference etc

Plus I think Roberto is a ‘different’ Bigger back at 230 than most of the next guys. The kind you need to pound the ball between tackles

I think we were down to one of our four RBS ! Sounds like Grant Robinson is done for year… we were down to just 21 Jaquan S by end of game

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me

If the OL starts playing strong.. the only concern is that is TWO ILB out - one for year who was a starter last year.. and the other starter who was v good in 2022 is 'indefinite'. So not just two LB.. it is two INSIDE LINEBACKERS.

We need a RB or two to return. Particularly Roberto. Noted as bigger different skill set
The great - Appears we have Roberto at RB... and Ryan at safety back for this week !

not as great - I don't see KT listed at RB. And I do think Grant Robinson is gone for yr.
Hope KT recovers... Good thing we are deep there:
Now it is Roberto (bruiser) and Jayquan Smith and Hicks
Anyone hear anything on /news on Kendall Thomas at RB?

https://furmanpaladins.com/documents/20 ... _Stats.pdf
 #76572  by AstroDin
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:32 am
KT was wearing a knee sleeve on, I believe, his right knee during the Mercer game.

Furman still has three power-backs. Roberto (236) Hicks (216), and I would add Smith (208).
Smith showed us another surprising part of his game, his outside speed against Mercer.
With KT out for who knows how long. I would expect to see Wayne Anderson split time at RB/Slot.
That's a pretty good option to have as a backup.

We often overlook the walk-ons, who are deeper on the depth chart.
Tyler Reid (6-0 206) played for Ingle Martin at CPA and had some very good runs against Mercer.
Ben Crosdale (5-11 185) also got snaps against Mercer.

If the running back stable gets thinner; I wouldn't be surprised to see Bailor Hughes get a look at RB. Hughes has sneaky size (5-11 206) he's built like an RB and played RB in high school, rushing for 1,275 yards.
 #76583  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:03 pm
I might have missed it, but what's the word on Gissinger? Participation reports only shows him in 2 games. Even if Chappell had passed him, I would imagine he would be playing on special teams.
 #76584  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:24 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
I might have missed it, but what's the word on Gissinger? Participation reports only shows him in 2 games. Even if Chappell had passed him, I would imagine he would be playing on special teams.

He's been out there.

I don't know if he's had an injury, but it seems like Pline has been the TE1 most of the season. Chappell has gotten a lot of playing time as well, and he strikes me as maybe the fastest of the three, which may explain it.

It could be that Gissinger is more of a run blocker than a pass catcher. Pline and Chappell both appear to be more frequently used as receivers than Gissinger.
 #76585  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUwolfpacker wrote:

He's been out there.

I don't know if he's had an injury, but it seems like Pline has been the TE1 most of the season. Chappell has gotten a lot of playing time as well, and he strikes me as maybe the fastest of the three, which may explain it.

It could be that Gissinger is more of a run blocker than a pass catcher. Pline and Chappell both appear to be more frequently used as receivers than Gissinger.
This was my theory also. I hope Gissinger is fully healthy (appears he was used in Mercer game) as we still want all the OL push we can get.

Receiving TEs get more Pub but the biguns' are a huge asset. Help the OL with those short yardage pushes !!! The game is won in the trenches.
 #76587  by gman84
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:22 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUwolfpacker wrote:

He's been out there.

Nice to have options. Just guessing... maybe Pline is a more complete player. It is obvious that Roper likes BIG TEs.
 #76588  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:31 pm
gman84 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:22 pm
It is obvious that Roper likes BIG TEs.
He’s heightist
Davemeister liked this
 #76977  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:12 pm
Jackal and Astro, thanks for help keeping this updated !

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?

Several RBs
Grant Robinson RB NBR 28 out year?
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Man, I hate that for both guys and that is a lot of depth to lose at RB ... hope they heal up for next year and just in general !!!

RB Kendall Thomas out nbr 17 left Mercer and didn't play v Citadel?? not sure about KT?? ANYONE KNOW?
8 Roberto went to tent (left during Mercer game) and has been a little gimpy but played v Citadel...

Sounds like Wayne Anderson may jump back in at RB?
So that probably leaves
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs
+ maybe 9 Anderson
( nbr 17 KThomas ???)

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me

Still looking for a little more from the OL on the run push.. the only concern is that is TWO ILB out - one for year who was a starter last year.. and the other starter who was v good in 2022 is 'indefinite'. So not just two LB.. it is two INSIDE LINEBACKERS.
 #76987  by AstroDin
 Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:49 am
Worth noting here…
Looks like our two main RBs will be Roberto and Hicks. Hicks, by the way, is a devastating blocker.
CCH did mention with a smile we might see Wayne back there, he brings some things (speed).

CCH also mentioned Ben Croasdale, that Ben brings some things. What would that be? Based on his bio and film I was able to dig up, that would be speed. Ben ran the 100m and the 4/100m for a Texas 5A District-Champion HS.

Ben is running the third leg:
 #76988  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:12 am
Probably not how coach drew it up this season, but Anderson provides a lot of flexibility, especially with the emergence of Ferguson and Hinton as slot receivers.

Anderson has been a bit of a swiss army knife, but is big enough to hold up at running back.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.