• Injury Report

#78734  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:53 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:07 am
Apparently, Blackshear has been playing with a hand injury since the Citadel game. He went ahead and had surgery on his hand last week. Hunter mentioned the coaches hoped he could be back soon. It could be this week, or it could be the next. Robinson/Yates/Ingram played very well. The key to our coverage is Cally Chizik. We should be ok till we get Travis back.

Toomey was on the sideline in shorts, often huddling with the freshmen lineman, coaching. Toomey was also very animated. The dude is a gamer—you could tell he wanted to be in there.

KT was dressed out, and I thought he looked good in warmups. Later on the sidelines, I noticed the large thigh/knee wrap. I didn't notice it during warmups. He could have tweaked his knee.

Grant Robinson was on the sidelines in a black Jersey. He appears to be walking fine, without a brace or any signs of any other mobility device. We could see Grant back in action this season or for the playoffs.

Jayquan Smith was on the sidelines - in a major knee brace and crutches—well wishes for a complete recovery.
Astro, thanks for great information! Hate that about J smith. He was starting to come on but hopefully recovers fully
 #78735  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:58 pm
Please anyone help me keep this updated.

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?
. Out for year I think
NEW :cry: 51 Petit OL out for year . Starting OG. Out at Sammy

Several RBs
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Grant Robinson out for a while. Maybe back in few weeks
RB Kendall Thomas nbr 17 practiced before WCU and ETSU
Good to add RB depth
Be good to have KT soon though he practiced and then had a leg wrap w ETSU
maybe Grant Robinson later in year near playoffs ?

So that leaves as of ETSU At RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs
+ 9. Anderson

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me as of ETSU. These are big. Need Toomey on OL

Toomey 75 did not play Vs ETSU was seen in shorts and flexible knee brace on sideline. Probably back for the utc game.

Blackshear had hand surgery late October. Missed ETSU. Not expected out too long. Maybe back for utc or soon - limited but probably back.

What do y’all know about ANY of these guys status ?
Thanks for help !

Astro, thanks a lot for all the information!
Last edited by gofurman on Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #78933  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:02 pm
GF-CCH said Toomey practiced Sunday and probably could have played Saturday but tbey held him out. He will play against UTC. Blackshear is also expected back but may be somewhat limited in practice this week.
dornb liked this
 #78935  by dornb
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:16 pm
apaladin wrote:
GF-CCH said Toomey practiced Sunday and probably could have played Saturday but they held him out. He will play against UTC. Blackshear is also expected back but may be somewhat limited in practice this week.
That was great news to hear!
 #78951  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
GF-CCH said Toomey practiced Sunday and probably could have played Saturday but tbey held him out. He will play against UTC. Blackshear is also expected back but may be somewhat limited in practice this week.
Awesome. Let’s win and let people heal up
 #78958  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:50 pm
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
We will need everyone the last 2 games. VMI and WC will not be easy. They will throw everything they have at FU. Please no talk of resting players and playing backups.
 #78963  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
We will need everyone the last 2 games. VMI and WC will not be easy. They will throw everything they have at FU. Please no talk of resting players and playing backups.
VMI yes. WC maybe as the home team wins very often but wow they are bad. But I hear you let’s just get utc
 #78972  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:27 pm
Blackshear is listed as “or”. I doubt we see much of TB come Saturday.
 #79013  by Davemeister
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

If Furman builds a commanding lead, why not play backups?
 #79054  by apaladin
 Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:37 am
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

If Furman builds a commanding lead, why not play backups?
Because every time peeps talking like thar FU has a bad gane and it never happens. For example Carson Jones hasn’t played since Mercer when msny thought he would play a lot in several games since.
 #79253  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 am
Please anyone help me keep this updated.

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?
. Out for year I think
NEW :cry: 51 Petit OL out for year . Starting OG. Out at Sammy

Several RBs
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Grant Robinson out for a while. Maybe back in few weeks
RB Kendall Thomas nbr 17 practiced before WCU and ETSU

So that leaves as of ETSU At RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs
+ 9. Anderson

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me These are big.

Blackshear had hand surgery late October. Missed ETSU. Not expected out too long. Maybe back for utc or soon - limited but probably back. Played some at UTC.. probably still a little limited with hand - hard to tackle I have to imagine but he did play some at UTC.

---------------------------------------

Roberto? seemed 80% ?
Hicks? I suspect out with ham
Grant Robinson ? We could really use him

Anyone head to practice and have information ?
Last edited by gofurman on Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Dins&Heels

Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.