• 2024 Recruiting

#84339  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:07 pm
Furman offers a long snapper.

They also offered another DB a few days ago with offers from Liberty and Bucknell. Maybe a PWO (?) offer from FSU. Played for Tampa Jesuit, Tampa Catholic’s rivals, so the staff would have seen him on film several times against Hedden.

#84377  by Afurmanfan
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:41 am
How about the sophomore qb throwing to Suarez. Watched Suarez’s highlights and that qb can throw the ball. See he already has offers from Michigan, FSU etc.
Willy can flat run and great ball skills. But what great passes from a sophomore.
 #84379  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:21 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:41 am
How about the sophomore qb throwing to Suarez. Watched Suarez’s highlights and that qb can throw the ball. See he already has offers from Michigan, FSU etc.
Willy can flat run and great ball skills. But what great passes from a sophomore.
Reminded FUBeAR of A recent FUBeAR FUnny … saw Mercer had signed a guy from Colquitt County in GA. FUBeAR didn’t know/look at the Mercer signee’s position when he clicked on his highlight video. FUBeAR was VERY impressed - kept seeing amazing deep TD passes and thought…

“Man…this WR can really separate. He also has great hands and runs well after catch. Looks like he has decent size too. FUBeAR could see this kid getting some early playing time and making some noise in the SoCon in a few years.”

Turns out … the Mercer signee was the QB (who did look good) and the WR, who FUBeAR thought could probably play in the SoCon after a few years, is a Top WR in the 2024 Recruiting class - Georgia commit, before flipping to Miami.

That FUBeAR sure has an eye for under the radar talent…don’t he :lol:
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #84525  by The Jackal
 Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:24 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 pm

I watched some of Short's film.

Interesting kid. Listed at 6'3 205, but played CB, S, DE, and OLB for his 6A Texas high school team. They'd literally line up him just about anywhere on the field. Not often you see a guy in man coverage on a WR and then have his hand on the ground against the OT in the same game.

Watching, the name that pops to mind is Adrian Hope. Hope was sort of a "tweener" defender when he came out of high school who did not really fit a category but had an excellent motor and instincts on defense.
QCGlue liked this
 #84733  by AstroDin
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:40 am
^^^ Jarvis Jones
Nash Central High School NC
5-11 182 DB/RB runs a 4.47 40
apaladin liked this
 #84735  by The Jackal
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 am
I'm usually wrong, but I'll be interested to see the updated roster after today. I'd guess Short is targeted for BANDIT and Jones as safety.
 #84738  by AstroDin
 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 am
^^^ Baldwin's offer list:
Alabama St
Austin Peay
Central Arkansas
Central Michigan
Charleston Southern
Eastern Michigan
Elon
Florida Atlantic
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Iowa State
Liberty
U Mass
Mercer
NCA&T
Penn
Western Kentucky
Wofford
Yale

After watching Baldwin's film, he reminds me of some of the great Chatty DEs. He's strong, fast off the snap, and plays aggressively; he overpowers the guy opposite him.
apaladin, QCGlue liked this