• Finally it is over!

#39812  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:35 pm
Bad, sad, mad, glad, add.

We are bad and it is very sad. We are so vanilla on offense. It makes you mad. I am glad the season is over. It just doesn’t add up. Whether it is recruiting, developing players or coaching the buck stops with CCH. It will be interesting to see what he does over the next 4 months. We were horrific this season and I cannot believe an offense could be so bad!
bj93, apaladin, AlValonge and 1 others liked this
 #39816  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:44 pm
This is whats concerning... SD has never seen a team at any level that has deteriorated like this one week after week

Whatever coaches are doing isnt working...
bj93, QCGlue, FU3 and 3 others liked this
 #39820  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:50 pm
After having football season tickets over the last 35 years, a PalLife member, a Furman alum and Furman football and basketball being my # 1 hobby etc, I may have to choose a different hobby this fall. I see zero reason for any optimism.
apaladin liked this
 #39824  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm
and another thing... Dins went an entire season without playing one other QB. Not one play.

Come oooooon!?
 #39826  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:56 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:50 pm
After having football season tickets over the last 35 years, a PalLife member, a Furman alum and Furman football and basketball being my # 1 hobby etc, I may have to choose a different hobby this fall. I see zero reason for any optimism.
Correct and theres one word that will decribe what they could do to get better... portal!

There's a Forcier type player out there looking for another chance. its been done before and why not
Victor Greene, Choir Boy, bj93 and 2 others liked this
 #39828  by Thorny
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:02 pm
I'm still willing to defend QB play.

We've lost the ability to recruit WRs for several years now and our farely mature O-line can't make holes for the running game or consistently protect the QB.

Even if QB play was exceptional not much good would be happening given the pieces around them.
Davemeister liked this
 #39832  by FU3
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Not buying that we don’t have receivers. No one respects our run game and we run mostly 2 man routes because our pass blocking gets eaten alive by blitzes and stunts. Our QB isn’t particularly accurate ( who can blame him for having happy feet) and holds the ball too long.
 #39833  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Can you get new coaches in the portal?

Oh my goodness how far we have fallen. I am in a state of shock about this spring season. We are now one of the worst teams in a bad Southern Conference. We would probably lose to App State and GA Southern 100-0 and PC 28-7.
fu77fan, bj93 liked this
 #39834  by AlValonge
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:24 pm
Mercifully, this season has met its demise. I don't understand how our offense got worse game to game. It was almost as if there was some type of force field that prevented us from getting a first down. We had soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many chances in every game if we could only do something positive on offense. We were unimaginative with our play calling and our QB performance was less than desirable. There are so many areas in which we need to improve offensively that I don't even have the energy to name them all. I am just disgusted right now and honestly am not looking forward to another upcoming season of the same. Heaven only knows the magnificent way we would have stumbled all over ourselves if we had played Woffy and likely suffered another agonizing loss!
fu77fan, purplehorse liked this
 #39836  by I-85 Paladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:26 pm
From Western to today is probably the most dramatic fall off I have seen from a Furman football team. I like coach Hendrix but he really crapped the bed with what I've seen on the field. Offense is a complete mess. I tip my hat to the defense for holding up as well as they do.
AlValonge, 76MrMoto, bj93 liked this
 #39837  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:29 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Oh my goodness how far we have fallen. I am in a state of shock about this spring season. We are now one of the worst teams in a bad Southern Conference. We would probably lose to App State and GA Southern 100-0 and PC 28-7.
Pioneer League PC beat Pioneer League Davidson today. Davidson has had some good wins lately, until today.
 #39840  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:42 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:29 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Pioneer League PC beat Pioneer League Davidson today. Davidson has had some good wins lately, until today.
Our offense is so bad I suspect we would lose to many Division II and Division III teams. . I truly think good high school teams would beat us because we can barely score regardless of who the opponent is.

I like CCH but it has gotten to the point where I have no confidence in our coaching staff at all. We may have just witnessed the very beginning of the end of the Furman family coaching tree. I hope he can recover but he showed no evidence of that this season. This was a horrific 3 game losing streak.
bj93 liked this
 #39843  by fufanatic
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:48 pm
I agree something has to change, but I don’t know how you can make a lot of coaching moves in April and expect there to be big improvement by September. One thing I just realized. No spring practice, so the next time the guys will be putting on the pads will be 30 days before first game. Doesn’t give me a lot of hope.
Last edited by fufanatic on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.