• Feb. 20 - Western Carolina

#36822  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:38 am
No one has mentioned that we have a basketball game that tips off at the exact time that the football game kicks off. Any chance they stream the basketball game on the video board during the football game?
Sure.

And Mercer will project the broadcast of their Football game @ Wofford on to the playing floor during the FU @ MU Basketball game. That would be awesome, huh? :)

Probably not...Hopefully not. Kinda disrespectful to the Players in the live venue, it seems to me.

The PA announcer in PS should certainly keep the score updated periodically & frequent score updates could/should be shown on the scoreboard. Maybe they could do a ‘cut-in’ on the video board during a couple of timeouts with someone giving an update about the hoops game.

Also - with ESPN+ and a mobile device (with earphones), you can watch & listen to the hoops broadcast from your seat in the Football stadium. FUBeAR, painfully, watched the FU @ APSU Playoff Game while attending the UGa (I have 2 Alums in my immediate clan) @ GT game in 2019. Do it all the time. Might want to consider a portable battery pack if you go that route & your device is ‘life-challenged’ as FUBeAR’s 4 year old iPhone definitely is.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #36836  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:10 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:38 am
No one has mentioned that we have a basketball game that tips off at the exact time that the football game kicks off. Any chance they stream the basketball game on the video board during the football game?
No way.....but this is Furman so we have to keep dribble nation happy
 #36845  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:13 pm
Not a good idea to stream the basketball game on the video board in PS. Showing the score on the video board every few minutes would be good. Could stream the basketball game on the video board during fb halftime would be ok. Dan said they would radio broadcast both games with split crews. Not sure how they will do that.
 #36847  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:13 pm
Not a good idea to stream the basketball game on the video board in PS. Showing the score on the video board every few minutes would be good. Could stream the basketball game on the video board during fb halftime would be ok. Dan said they would radio broadcast both games with split crews. Not sure how they will do that.
Y’know - if Mercer did project the MU @ Woffy game broadcast onto the floor of their arena and then Furman streamed the hoops broadcast into the stadium scoreboard, FUBeAR could watch all 3 games at once - hmmm - starting to get behind this idea
 #36990  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm
I know some of you complain about not getting any media coverage, and then you complain about having to pay for it. For those willing to fork out a few bucks a month, the Charleston P&C Greenville Edition is your newspaper. This is good article on the season finally starting for the Paladins. "‘Finally.’ Furman football begins season after 448-day hiatus." https://www.postandcourier.com/greenvil ... ca4ca.html
PalaDad, FurmAlum, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #36997  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 am
To be fair our own Scott Keeler writes some good articles for the G-News and I have seen at least 2 stories on channel 4 this week about FU football.
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #37009  by AstroDin
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 am
It's GAMEDAY Dins!!! It's been a long time since we've been able to cheer for the Purple and White.
Once the action starts it could be challenging to keep up with who made that play.

I bring an index card with me to the games - one side defense, the other side offense. I use this in the early games of a season to seed new starters' numbers and pre-load into my brain players on the depth chart that I want to look out for.

On offense, Furman will have two first-time starters, and some positions worth watching.
#55 Johanning
#19 Peterson
Watch the TEs #45, #82, #18
#88 Bell

rookies…
#17 KT - I'm looking forward to seeing when KT will be used and how he performs against college competition.
#25 Noah Henderson - Henderson is an athletic big body receiver, he has been nicked up in the pre-season, I'll be watching every time I see number 25 in the game.

On defense, I have a full card side. Furman will have 5 first-time starters. Obviously, #52 and #36 are going to see a lot of action.
#56 Coleman
#52 Kuzemka
#36 Miller
#5 Wilkins
#15 Rhodes

rookies… I've gone back and forth on who is on my shortlist to really watch when their number is called. In order:
#44 Luke Clark - something tells me this kid could be special at Bandit. I've seen #44 in the mix on most of the pre-season video clips.
#39 DiMaggio - recruited by 12 FBS schools, excited to see Evan get his first taste of college football.
#14 Robinson & #22 Yates - against the WCU offense, we might see several packages with these rookie corners. Both were alpha DBs in HS, they have speed and play physical.
#38 Brinson & #30 Richards - two more free safeties that should see action against the WCU offense.
#28 Jones - hampered by injuries so far in his career, Jones is worthy of watching.
hypercycloid liked this
 #37014  by gofurman
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:57 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 am
It's GAMEDAY Dins!!! It's been a long time since we've been able to cheer for the Purple and White.
Once the action starts it could be challenging to keep up with who made that play.

I bring an index card with me to the games - one side defense, the other side offense. I use this in the early games of a season to seed new starters' numbers and pre-load into my brain players on the depth chart that I want to look out for.

On offense, Furman will have two first-time starters, and some positions worth watching.
#55 Johanning
#19 Peterson
Watch the TEs #45, #82, #18
#88 Bell

rookies…
#17 KT - I'm looking forward to seeing when KT will be used and how he performs against college competition.
#25 Noah Henderson - Henderson is an athletic big body receiver, he has been nicked up in the pre-season, I'll be watching every time I see number 25 in the game.

On defense, I have a full card side. Furman will have 5 first-time starters. Obviously, #52 and #36 are going to see a lot of action.
#56 Coleman
#52 Kuzemka
#36 Miller
#5 Wilkins
#15 Rhodes

rookies… I've gone back and forth on who is on my shortlist to really watch when their number is called. In order:
#44 Luke Clark - something tells me this kid could be special at Bandit. I've seen #44 in the mix on most of the pre-season video clips.
#39 DiMaggio - recruited by 12 FBS schools, excited to see Evan get his first taste of college football.
#14 Robinson & #22 Yates - against the WCU offense, we might see several packages with these rookie corners. Both were alpha DBs in HS, they have speed and play physical.
#38 Brinson & #30 Richards - two more free safeties that should see action against the WCU offense.
#28 Jones - hampered by injuries so far in his career, Jones is worthy of watching.
Astro that’s great stuff ! I actually take it a bit farther as it’s easy to criticize one of our guys if you don’t know how good Armanti Edwards or Tyrie Adams is. I like to know the OTHER team also - it’s the only way to objectively asses our guys.

Watch the QB obviously. I guess it’s the Penn Transfer number 7 ?
Owen Cosenke - he probably should have been listed all conference as TE
DL Pauling
LB Harris
 #37015  by JoeyFreshwater
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:49 pm
An hour from kickoff and the Furman athletics website has articles on the home page about: tennis volleyball golf soccer basketball ans softball.

How can you expect news coverage from the media when you don’t even cover yourself.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by Furmanoid

Sat May 04, 2024 11:52 am

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by apaladin

Sat May 04, 2024 11:00 am

Default Avatar Assistant Coaching change?

by Roundball

Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am

Default Avatar Jalen Sullinger

by tya1

Fri May 03, 2024 9:37 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.