• National Signing Day 21

#34420  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:53 am
As of nearly noon, Furman has not apparently issued a press release. I guess that means they still may be waiting on more NLIs.
 #34423  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Grant Robinson 6-1 210 RB Plano, TX
Offers: 7
FBS offers: Navy, AFA
FCS: Yale, Valpo, Bryant, Morgan ST
Last edited by AstroDin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34424  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Myion Hicks 5-11 220 RB Dallas, TX
2 Star Rivals
2x District Defensive Player of the Year
2x First team All-State LB|LB/RB/ATH
Total offers: 10
FBS offers: AFA, Navy
FCS offers: Wofford, Sacred Heart, Bryant, APSU, Columbia, Cornell, Georgetown
Last edited by AstroDin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34425  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Ryan Lamb 6-2 320 C/NG Frisco, TX
Blue Grey All American
Total offers: 4
FBS offers: AFA
FCS offers: Bryant
Last edited by AstroDin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34426  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Joshua Harris 6-3 175 WR Kennesaw, GA
Region 2-7A First Team Offense
Georgia-Florida All-Star Game
Total offers: 8 offers
FBS offers AFA, Western Mich, Army, Bowling Green
FCS offers: Kennesaw ST, Murray ST, Southern Ill
Last edited by AstroDin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34427  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Luke Petit 6-3 290 C/LT Akron, OH
Offers: 16
Fordham, Lehigh, Slippery Rock, Grand Valley St, Robert Morris, Lenoir-Rhyne
Last edited by AstroDin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34431  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:55 pm
15 Signed Players

Geography
5 from Texas
3 from Georgia
2 from Florida
2 from Tennessee
1 from North Carolina
1 from Delaware
1 from Ohio

Positions
DL -2
OLB/MLB -3
RB -2
OL -3
TE -2
DB -1
WR -1
QB - 1
hypercycloid liked this
 #34433  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:19 pm
Just another day to appreciate our social media folks and their approach to direct, clear messaging.

Some of our conference mates are just flat trying too hard on social. Like, what's the thought process here - see how many tiny letters we can fit on a tweet?

To each their own, I guess.
 #34436  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:51 pm
Hope this turns out to be a great class !! Weird year for SURE. Not sure how that worked with recruiting (for any and all schools).

one side note - I noticed that Wofford was also recruiting a few of the same kids from Texas. I always saw their recruits as either local or from Kentucky/Ohio (Ayers connection). Not sure where their Conklin is from but I admit that caught me off guard to see us competing w Woffd on the Texas guys...

EDIT: Conklin is from Wyoming and played in the Dakota region in the frigid north.. wonder if all the SoCon teams are expanding their footprint with too much saturation here ??
Last edited by gofurman on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #34437  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:58 pm
Looks like a pretty good class. Why can’t we get a QB? Our only QB recruit had only 2 other offers and they were not very good ones. Was he even recruited as a QB? We are one departure away(injury, academics, transfer)from having a slew of walk ons competing for the starting job. :shock:
 #34438  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:01 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:51 pm
Hope this turns out to be a great class !! Weird year for SURE. Not sure how that worked with recruiting (for any and all schools).

one side note - I noticed that Wofford was also recruiting a few of the same kids from Texas. I always saw their recruits as either local or from Kentucky/Ohio (Ayers connection). Not sure where their Conklin is from but I admit that caught me off guard to see us competing w Woffd on the Texas guys...
If you're a school like Furman or Wofford - Texas is fertile ground. In Dallas, lots of high-academic private schools play very competitive football. Myion Hicks a great athlete plus high academics - note the IVY and Patriot schools also offering. The other thing is at the FCS level there are no Wofford's or Furman's you have SMU, TCU, Baylor, RICE at the FBS level. One other add-on I bet Furman is the only FCS school not based in Texas that has a coach assigned as the Texas recruiting coordinator. - Pete Lusk.
gofurman liked this
 #34440  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:05 pm
apaladin wrote:
Looks like a pretty good class. Why can’t we get a QB? Our only QB recruit had only 2 other offers and they were not very good ones. Was he even recruited as a QB? We are one departure away(injury, academics, transfer)from having a slew of walk ons competing for the starting job. :shock:
come on… you've said this before in the past with other players, be careful.
Jace Wilson is a QB and was recruited as a QB.
Jace committed very early to Furman. His dad transferred to Mayde Creek late in the off-season to be a coach on new staff, transitioning from a running team to a spread option. In what is considered the Texas high school district.
Jace is considered undersized at 5-11, and he appears to use that to play with a chip on his shoulder.
He's our man.
 #34441  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:14 pm
That’s what I suspected Astrodin. TX must have a rich deposit of football playing smart kids. I substitute teach all over Aiken Co. and I just don’t see many football players even attempting AP classes. The smart kids here don’t care about playing football. Their demographic likes to watch football. Apparently that hasn’t happened yet in Texas.
 #34442  by gman84
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
The earth could get hit by an asteroid too! I'm not losing sleep over it. ;)

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.