• Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

#85673  by paladinfan12
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:42 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:51 am
tim wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:28 am
It's time to develop new QBs. Don't need to log jam that position.
I will never understand this point if view. If Ingle Martin could stay another year would we want him to leave for us to “not log jam” a position?????? If we had Armanti Edward’s would we want him to leave to free things up?.. basketball - I wish Bothwell and Slawson were still here. Good analogy there. They stayed and we had our best year in FORTY YEARS. There is proof. Same as football last year. Many stayed. We had our best year in over a decade !!

We should always want the best players to stay. I wish Huff very well and hope he got some money. No ill will towards the great young man …

But the argument was made by Jackal and others that Huff in second year with learning Ropers system would be better than Huff in year one with Roper. Well, similarly, Huff in year 3 would have been even easier and expanded the playbook even more. Now we will probably simplify the playbook a little for a new qb.

And I hope we do great! But no doubt a third year starter knows more audibles and is a more proven commodity - and what a winner!!! - than a new starter. My take. ;)
I do agree with this assessment. Would've been nice to have Huff one more year, but the kid has been in college for 5 years and has 2 Furman degrees. I think the best decision for him was to move on.
 #85675  by Jasper
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:05 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:54 am
Still can’t confirm if Ivan Yates left…. Hope he is staying because our d backfield lost almost everyone. And apparently has been a weaker point in practice

Anyone know. Bueller ? Yates gone or staying ?
Neither of them are on the roster so I think it is safe to assume they have left.
 #85677  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:36 am
Jasper wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Still can’t confirm if Ivan Yates left…. Hope he is staying because our d backfield lost almost everyone. And apparently has been a weaker point in practice

Neither of them are on the roster so I think it is safe to assume they have left.
Repping the <F> on 1/21. Not on rosters @ Delaware or Buffalo - only 2 offers he shows on X. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 #85696  by gofurman
 Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:36 am
Jasper wrote:
gofurman wrote:

Repping the <F> on 1/21. Not on rosters @ Delaware or Buffalo - only 2 offers he shows on X. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks FUBeAR. Right. I guess I’ll assume he’s gone but hope he’s still with us
 #87359  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:13 pm
A few transfer portal offers have gone out recently for those interested.

Baron Franks OL, Norfolk St - From Greenville, SC. Played for Greenville HS. Offers from Furman, Bryant, Chuck South, Houston Christian, Towson, Maine, Rhode Island, Stony Brook, Tenn St, UMass

Jalen Tate DB, Jackson St (2 months)/Georgia St - From Greenville, played at Greenville HS. Offers from Furman, Houston Christian, Murray St, SC State, Alabama A&M, Alabama St

Mo Perkins DB, Midwestern St - originally committed to SFA, only offer is Furman so far this time around.

Grant Swinehart RB, VMI - Offers from Furman, Indiana St, CCSU, Robert Morris, Stetson, Mercyhurst

Aubrey Parker DB, Brown - Offers from Furman, Samford, UTC, WCU, Lindenwood, NAU, NC Central, MVSU, Pitt St, Ferris St

Emaryion Johnson OL, Youngstown St - Offers from Furman,Nicholls St, Missouri St, UT Martin, Tenn St, Rhode Island, Gardner Webb, Towson, Monmouth, McNeese St, Mercer
 #87478  by FUwolfpacker
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm
Could be a really nice pick up. It’ll be a good competition this fall for those safety spots. I’m wondering if he might slot in at the spur spot? Caleb Williams and AK Burrell seemed to be in line to start, and with no obvious starter at spur right now, could be a good spot for him.
 #87482  by The Jackal
 Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am
Jalen Tate played in 34 games at Safety for Georgia State. So, he's got a lot of playing experience in the defensive backfield.

I suspect Tate will contribute a lot on defense, compete for a starting spot, and give us more flexibility.
 #87489  by sluggo
 Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm
Students are free to transfer, coaches are free to transfer, professors are free to transfer, the president is free to transfer.
It's freedom.
Masters only fear the freedom of the servants.

Sluggo.
'Din Djarin liked this
 #87490  by sluggo
 Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm
Upgrade the script on this site or rollback to PHP 7.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)

LOL! PHP 8+ is strict.

<?php
$topics = array("sluggo","Bart","Briggs","Hollis","Bernard");
if (is_array($topics)){
$num_topics = count($topics);
echo $num_topics;
} else {
echo "No more topics";
}
?>

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Mon May 06, 2024 12:07 am

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by The Jackal

Sun May 05, 2024 10:52 pm

User avatar Roster Rebuild...

by apaladin

Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm

Default Avatar Absence dulls the spring

by Affirm

Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.