• Womens Golf

#72934  by Sad Din
 Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:00 pm
Looks like Dins lost the two twins to Indian but gained a player from Illinois

2nd year in a a row losing some top players

Good news... Anna Morgan is back for 5th year.

SD enjoys having top notch Ladies Golf Squad
 #72941  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:19 pm
I am a former men's golfer at Furman. I follow both the men's and women's teams closely. I'm also a Furman Athletic Fund/ Paladin Club member for over 40 years and I give money to basketball, football, and both men's and women's golf.

I friend of mine from my hometown, whose son went to Furman, told me that he is related to one of the best girl junior golfers in the country who lives in Charlotte, N.C. He told me this about 10 months ago. And her dad also went to Furman. I reached out to the Women's head coach and assistant coach thru multiple phone calls and emails to tell them about her and to make sure they knew about her and her Furman connections. I have yet to receive a call back or even an email acknowledging that they even heard from me. I would think that they do know about her and maybe she's already committed to FU, but it would be nice to receive a call back or email. I know they are busy but that is poor public relations. Are the coach's prohibited from contact with boosters/alumni due to some NCAA rule?

Which brings me to the next point. I just became aware that we have lost the Johnson twins, who just completed their freshman year, to the transfer portal. We lost a player that played last fall and could have played in the Spring for a reason that I am not aware of. After last year we also had 2 players transfer out. At our first tournament this spring we could only field 4 players due to a lack of depth. We only had 5 on the team and I guess one was either sick or injured.

The Women's team has had 6 players leave the team, 5 by transfers, in the last 3 years. Why can they not retain their players? Could anyone shed any light on this?

I do not want to blame the coaches if its not their fault.
 #72967  by Sad Din
 Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:57 pm
IDK but hope they havent cut back on scholies.

You could see if a fam had two at Dins U without full support there would be lots of pressure to find another place to play

Dins have not lost the very top players. SD is sure they get more $$$

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.