• CAA, Big South, Monmouth

#54902  by FU3
 Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:51 pm
The Socon member institutions unanimously voted to double the exit fee to $2 million a few months ago. What could any other conference that would want Furman offer to offset this amount? We aren’t going anywhere.
FUBeAR liked this
 #54906  by Furmanoid
 Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:39 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 am
It’s like this, affirm. We want to play D1. FCS is sort of D1. OK, our work friends snicker behind our backs when we explain that Furman vs. VMI is D1, but that’s on them. We’re D1, by Jove. If we’re gonna be in FCS the SoCon is the only option that makes any sense. So it doesn’t matter if it isn’t very good. It’s all we’ve got. I kinda hope the divisions get updated soon and we new divisions with reorganized conferences. We do it in HS every 2 years.
I’m not even suggesting for us to definitely leave SoCon, but why say “it’s all we’ve got”? Obviously, Campbell and NCA&TSU didn’t say “it’s all we’ve got” when they were in the Big South, nor other schools. At some point Elon stopped saying “it’s all we’ve got” in whatever status they were in before joining CAA, and same is true for CofC. Davidson did not say “it’s all we’ve got” at multiple times in their athletics conference affiliations history over the last 40 or so years.
It is not true to say “it’s all we’ve got “. That is a cop-out.
(I am sorry if some work friends are not very smart and/or not very kind.)
Not a cop out. Just true. Pioneer would suck because you really aren’t even pretending to contend for a natty. CAA is just too spread out. Furmanoid is a tree hugger. Either we care about the carbon thing or we don’t. The other possibilities like the one with all the TN teams don’t look as good as what we’ve got.

I expect the divisions and conferences to get blown up in the next few years. Let’s see where the dust settles.
 #54911  by FUBeAR
 Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:36 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:39 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 am
It’s like this, affirm. We want to play D1. FCS is sort of D1. OK, our work friends snicker behind our backs when we explain that Furman vs. VMI is D1, but that’s on them. We’re D1, by Jove. If we’re gonna be in FCS the SoCon is the only option that makes any sense. So it doesn’t matter if it isn’t very good. It’s all we’ve got. I kinda hope the divisions get updated soon and we new divisions with reorganized conferences. We do it in HS every 2 years.
I’m not even suggesting for us to definitely leave SoCon, but why say “it’s all we’ve got”? Obviously, Campbell and NCA&TSU didn’t say “it’s all we’ve got” when they were in the Big South, nor other schools. At some point Elon stopped saying “it’s all we’ve got” in whatever status they were in before joining CAA, and same is true for CofC. Davidson did not say “it’s all we’ve got” at multiple times in their athletics conference affiliations history over the last 40 or so years.
It is not true to say “it’s all we’ve got “. That is a cop-out.
(I am sorry if some work friends are not very smart and/or not very kind.)
Furmanoid is a tree hugger. Either we care about the carbon thing or we don’t.

Let’s see where the dust settles.
Yes, FUBeAR concurs.

We should listen to Furmanoid and to the wisdom of Coach Chauncey Gardiner as he speaks here in some depth, specifically, regarding the growth of Furman Football & Furman Athletics amidst the complex backdrop of FCS/FBS Conference Realignment/Reclassifications & NCAA Constitutional Reorganization…

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.