• Pay For Play

#82171  by Davemeister
 Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 pm
What yall think about the new NCAA proposal to allow schools to pay athletes over the table - instead of under the table? And how will they handle the Equitable distribution of funds to ensure Women's Sports are included?
 #82173  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:39 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 pm
What yall think about the new NCAA proposal to allow schools to pay athletes over the table - instead of under the table? And how will they handle the Equitable distribution of funds to ensure Women's Sports are included?
It’s over the table now. The NCAA did not realize how much cash was gonna be in play and didn’t structure it so they and the Member Schools got in on the action - directly. This is a way for them to horn in and get themselves paid.

It’s all a big money snowball flying DOWNHILL …will be interesting to see what happens when it gets to the bottom.
Davemeister liked this
 #82174  by saltyshaker
 Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:46 pm
saw where nebraska coach matt ruhle said a decent cllege qb now cost about a million or more per year.good thing for him is with his salary he can probably afford it.
 #82178  by Davemeister
 Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 pm
Wonder if players in the portal will be able to name their price up front and let the bidding begin.

Still curious as to what the women will say about this.
 #82294  by saltyshaker
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:07 pm
i am totally confused by the portal.i thought i understood that if a player transfers for a second time,he is required to sit out a year.yet i see dozens of players entering the portal for a second tranfer (example former clemson and oregon st qb dj ungila....

what is going on here?
 #82297  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:16 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:07 pm
i am totally confused by the portal.i thought i understood that if a player transfers for a second time,he is required to sit out a year.yet i see dozens of players entering the portal for a second tranfer (example former clemson and oregon st qb dj ungila....

what is going on here?

If you graduate you also do not have to sit out.....
 #82313  by saltyshaker
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:45 pm
thinking perhaps fewer of those entering the portal intend to actually transfer but rather are using it as a ploy to increase their nil payments as their current school.
i think the mosting interesting thing th watch this year is to watch what if anything arch manning decides about whether or not to enter portal.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.