• Liberty

#81826  by Roundball
 Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:18 pm
Liberty made the move to FBS in 2018. In only 5 years, they finish as the highest ranked G5 team and will play in a New Years bowl against Oregon. If it had been 2024, they would be in the FBS playoffs. Jamey Chadwell made a good move leaving Coastal Carolina. Could we say Liberty is the most successful former FCS team?
 #81830  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:34 pm
Roundball wrote:
Liberty made the move to FBS in 2018. In only 5 years, they finish as the highest ranked G5 team and will play in a New Years bowl against Oregon. If it had been 2024, they would be in the FBS playoffs. Jamey Chadwell made a good move leaving Coastal Carolina. Could we say Liberty is the most successful former FCS team?
Only if they win against Oregon, if they lose then people will just say they inflated their record with low tier wins
 #81832  by Roundball
 Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:43 pm
James Madison goes to a bowl too. I am glad for them.
 #81856  by din23
 Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:08 pm
Roundball wrote:
This year or in history? They have a way to go before matching Boise State’s post-FCS success.
Roundball, apaladin liked this
 #81863  by FurmAlum
 Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:35 pm
I laughed out loud when I read the comments by the FSU athletic director and ACC Commissioner. What a bunch of fools! What did they expect to get when they have a ridiculous 4 team playoff? The FBS has had ample opportunity to fix this for many years but in their arrogance failed to do so. The FCS has had it right for more than 40 years.

Does FSU deserve to be in the playoffs? Of course they do. So does Georgia, Ohio State, and Oregon. But the idiots only take four. My top four would have been Michigan, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. Those SEC teams would beat Washington by 2-3 touchdowns.
Bootie, Davemeister liked this
 #81886  by Roundball
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:06 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:35 pm
I laughed out loud when I read the comments by the FSU athletic director and ACC Commissioner. What a bunch of fools! What did they expect to get when they have a ridiculous 4 team playoff? The FBS has had ample opportunity to fix this for many years but in their arrogance failed to do so. The FCS has had it right for more than 40 years.

Does FSU deserve to be in the playoffs? Of course they do. So does Georgia, Ohio State, and Oregon. But the idiots only take four. My top four would have been Michigan, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. Those SEC teams would beat Washington by 2-3 touchdowns.
Ironically, FSU was one of a hand full of schools that blocked going to 12 teams this year. The ACC also opposed expansion beginning in 2023. That decision cost FSU and the ACC. They could pull a Trump and just declare themselves the winner of the National Championship.
Last edited by Roundball on Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #81887  by Paul C
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:14 am
My whole issue w what happened this year was it discounted what happened on the field to what should happen “on paper”.

I’d totally agree that Bama and UGA are, on paper, better than FSU without Jordan Travis.

But we all know that what “should happen”, often doesn’t. Which is why what happens on the field should take precedence over what “should happen” on paper.
GOAT liked this
 #81910  by Fred Garvin
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:23 pm
Fred's pre Travis injury poll DID NOT have FSU in the top 4....

UGA
Michigan
Washington
Bama
Texas
Oregon
OSU
FSU

I just felt like when watching O/D/K FSU seemed the most up or down within the course of a game

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.