• Tyler from Spartanburg

#78913  by Mr. Taggart
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:12 am
First disclaimer... although I am in Spartanburg, I do not (or think I do not) know Tyler from Spartanburg.

I am a bit baffled by the positive reaction Dabo Swinney got for his rant. Swinney is paid more than enough to face difficult and hostile questions from the people who put butts in seats. I saw a petulant child bullying someone. Curious for the world's read.
 #78916  by FUBeAR
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:28 am
Mr. Taggart wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:12 am
First disclaimer... although I am in Spartanburg, I do not (or think I do not) know Tyler from Spartanburg.

I am a bit baffled by the positive reaction Dabo Swinney got for his rant. Swinney is paid more than enough to face difficult and hostile questions from the people who put butts in seats. I saw a petulant child bullying someone. Curious for the world's read.
No idea what you are talking about

Not sure why we even have this section on this board.

Sorry - can’t help you this time, Mr. Taggert
 #78949  by Bootie
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:04 pm
I’m on Dabo’s side. I hate the grief that coaches get when they have an off season. The caller asked why he us getting paid that much to go 4-4, or whatever their record is. Problem is that’s not at all why he’s getting paid that much. He’s getting paid that much because of what he has been able to accomplish in past years, which is unprecedented success per Clemson history. This year’s performance will be judged and applied to future contract negotiations.

I can’t stand armchair fans asking dumb questions like these, as though the coach has to answer to them. The coach is not employed by the fans. His boss is the AD. The fans are entitled to complain but I think it’s disrespectful to talk to a coach like that.

That’s my opinion. It’s neither right nor wrong, although gf may not like that.
Roundball, Davemeister liked this
 #78950  by Roundball
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:15 pm
I heard the entire conversation. Respectful football questions to Dabo should be asked. Tyler was a jerk when he went personal on Dabo, even calling out his faith and his salary. Tyler must have forgotten what Dabo has meant for the program, giving Clemson two National Championships. The money Dabo has brought in to the university has to be many times his salary. He is having one off year and a handful of fans are making the most noise. Dabo is right, enjoy and appreciate what you have. Clemson needs to give Dabo a lifetime contract. He does it the right way. Coach Richey reminds me of Dabo. As a matter of fact, Dabo has been very supportive of Coach Richey. They have a great relationship.
Bootie, MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #78956  by cavedweller2
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:27 pm
Clemson fans are, have been and always will be bandwagon jumpers. The current crop of 35 and under Clemson fans are an incorrigible, arrogant, entitled, condescending and have no concept of where they were.
While I have never been a Clemson fan I am a fan of Danny Ford and Dabo. They have a bunch of dork idiot fans who wear an ugly color of orange.

I did not hear the call and only read Dabos response.
Choir Boy liked this
 #78970  by youwouldno
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:57 pm
I don't think it's a good look for Dabo. I hate to say someone is just obligated to eat s*** on air but . . . It was hardly a surprising question and he could have more professionally put Tyler in his place. Telling Tyler to apply for the job sounds really insecure.
 #79782  by Fred Garvin
 Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:58 am
I don't think Tyler exists. Cooked up by a member of the count spell sports information department to distract Clem and his kids from the fact they ain't good up in dem dare hills. Not hard to trick the orange masses.
 #79785  by Roundball
 Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:36 am
Fred Garvin wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:58 am
I don't think Tyler exists. Cooked up by a member of the count spell sports information department to distract Clem and his kids from the fact they ain't good up in dem dare hills. Not hard to trick the orange masses.
If Tyler was "cooked up", it worked.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 am

User avatar The Future Home Of Furman Basketball

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.