• Colorado

#74942  by tim
 Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:19 pm
All I can say is WOW. 1-11 last year now ahead of TCU in the 4th. Neon Deon
 #74974  by Roundball
 Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:56 am
That was a fun game to watch. All of the other games were boring.
Davemeister liked this
 #74993  by Flagman
 Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:42 pm
I particularly enjoyed the humility Coach Sanders displayed when interviewed on the field after the game. (Note the sarcasm on my keyboard.)
 #74998  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:10 pm
FUBeAR has always been a fan of Deion Sanders.

FUBeAR hates the current state of Professional College Football of which Coach Prime and his work at Colorado is very much a part.
Bootie, Choir Boy liked this
 #75071  by tim
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:40 pm
Amazingly, Furman football and basketball is much stronger due to the portal and grad program. BUT if Furman were ever forced to rebuild like during a coaching change etc, we just couldn't do it this way. Or like some Socons do.
 #75102  by Davemeister
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:18 am
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR has always been a fan of Deion Sanders.

FUBeAR hates the current state of Professional College Football of which Coach Prime and his work at Colorado is very much a part.

Right. Don't hate the Playa, hate the Game.
FUBeAR, FurmAlum liked this
 #75110  by youwouldno
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:52 am
I can't get up in arms about college athletics when so many 'higher' education institutions are glorified diploma mills.

I mean, at least athletes are doing something . . . just to pick someplace random, MAC member Eastern Michigan . . . 25% of students have an SAT score below 930, which means they're effectively illiterate and, in many cases, would have once been considered mentally retarded.

Paying for college in that situation makes no sense, but for an athlete on scholarship, there's not much downside. And athletics do serve a valuable role for the institutions.

With demographic and social decline in full swing, the higher ed institutions are characterized by extreme ideological delusion, incompetence, and corruption . . . Deion Sanders by contrast is exactly correct in understanding his job, and he executes it with relative transparency.
 #75116  by FU3
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:08 pm
Average SAT nationwide has hovered around 1000 for decades so the idea that the current crop of the bottom quartile at Eastern Michigan is illiterate or mentally retarded is nonsense. For those of us who aren’t in the” know” please describe what “ demographic decline “ actually means.
GOAT liked this
 #75121  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:22 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:08 pm
Average SAT nationwide has hovered around 1000 for decades so the idea that the current crop of the bottom quartile at Eastern Michigan is illiterate or mentally retarded is nonsense. For those of us who aren’t in the” know” please describe what “ demographic decline “ actually means.
Pshewww....that's a relief. FUBeAR was already looking up the right government agency to contact to get his mental disability payments started.
FU3, FurmAlum liked this
 #75145  by FurmAlum
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:43 pm
Whew. Me too FUBeAR. But I'm proud of my FU GPA of 2.6.
sluggo liked this
 #75146  by youwouldno
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:53 pm
The scores don't mean what they used to, due to changes in the test taking population. A median score among the SAT takers say 40 years ago is completely different than today.
 #75257  by sluggo
 Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:21 am
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR hates the current state of Professional College Football
I hear ya; but I stopped caring about the "purity" of the sport; because it always had it's recruiting and budget advantages.
I just say "it is what it is" and when I look at Colorado's ticket prices, I can't deny that Deon attracts money.
Ultimately, I think Deon is good for college football because of the new fans that are tuning in.

Recent Topics

User avatar Roster Rebuild

by apaladin

Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

User avatar New Spartanburg Minor League Team

by Davemeister

Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

User avatar Richmond to Patriot League for Football

by FUBeAR

Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar New Lax Coach

by Sad Din

Tue May 14, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.