• Salaries - Want to Know

#63922  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:36 pm
Beamer will now make $6.125 million annually, with $250,000 automatic increases each year for 4 years.
Realize that the above is not the highest in SEC (new salary probably in the middle of SEC), and it’s not as high as Swinney.
I know we are private so Hendrix’s salary is not public information.
****Still, I want to know how Hendrix’s compensation compares to $6.125 million and also how it compares to our fellow SoCon schools. Does he make even 10% of $6.125 million?****
 #63928  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:04 pm
you can go to FU Financial website and look at Form999 or something like that to see exactly what all make from the Prez on down. Not hidden and open for all to see
 #63930  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm
Sad Din wrote:
you can go to FU Financial website and look at Form999 or something like that to see exactly what all make from the Prez on down. Not hidden and open for all to see
So if that’s the case, then why does media always omit salaries of Vanderbilt coaches on account of it being a private school. In other words, I do not trust what you are saying. If I did trust completely what you say as being true in this situation, even then I would wait for someone else on here to take their time looking it up and letting us all know. Actually, I do think there are members on UFFP who know an approximate answer, or who think they do.. I think they should tell what they know/think. Maybe I’m wrong - maybe no one on UFFP (who is NOT in some position of trust/confidentiality and thus NOT ethically or legally prohibited)) really knows any up-to-date info.
 #63933  by FU3
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:19 pm
Furman is a non profit and has to file taxes publicly.
https://www.furman.edu/wp-content/uploa ... e-Copy.pdf
As part of that reporting they list salaries of the highest paid employees. The last one filed was for 2020.Many coaches at the collegiate level have separate deals for summer camps etc. that can be quite lucrative that in most cases wouldn’t be listed as part of their institutional compensation. My understanding is CCH was given an extension that significantly increased his compensation from 2020.
 #63948  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:26 pm
affirm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
So if that’s the case, then why does media always omit salaries of Vanderbilt coaches on account of it being a private school. In other words, I do not trust what you are saying. If I did trust completely what you say as being true in this situation, even then I would wait for someone else on here to take their time looking it up and letting us all know. Actually, I do think there are members on UFFP who know an approximate answer, or who think they do.. I think they should tell what they know/think. Maybe I’m wrong - maybe no one on UFFP (who is NOT in some position of trust/confidentiality and thus NOT ethically or legally prohibited)) really knows any up-to-date info.
geez... happy now that FU3 confirms? :lol:
Stumpy liked this
 #63949  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:39 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:19 pm
Furman is a non profit and has to file taxes publicly.
https://www.furman.edu/wp-content/uploa ... e-Copy.pdf
As part of that reporting they list salaries of the highest paid employees. The last one filed was for 2020.Many coaches at the collegiate level have separate deals for summer camps etc. that can be quite lucrative that in most cases wouldn’t be listed as part of their institutional compensation. My understanding is CCH was given an extension that significantly increased his compensation from 2020.
Thanks.
Prior to the 2021 and 2022 seasons, per the evidence you provide, CCH was making $270,000. Hopefully by now we have him up to at least $300,000 —— so < 5% of Beamer’s salary now. Yes, I realize that financially comparing the 2 programs, or any FCS with any FBS (particularly in this case FBS being Power 5 level) is apples and oranges.
 #63950  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:43 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:26 pm
affirm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
geez... happy now that FU3 confirms? :lol:
lol at yourself —— the information merely confirms that we can know what our coach made as of “before 2 seasons ago”
 #63955  by JohnKX512
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:46 pm
Hendrix can play golf at our golf course and eat at the DH any time he wants. I think he also gets a lot of free shirts and stuff.

Can’t put a price on that.
GOAT, Stumpy liked this
 #63956  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:54 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:46 pm
Hendrix can play golf at our golf course and eat at the DH any time he wants. I think he also gets a lot of free shirts and stuff.

Can’t put a price on that.
Free clothes was the best part of playing & coaching
 #64065  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:18 pm
He also drives a new luxury car for free. Hope he has more perks we aren’t awareof.
 #64075  by Affirm
 Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:13 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:18 pm
He also drives a new luxury car for free. Hope he has more perks we aren’t awareof.
The 990 Form for the tax year ending 6/30/2021, page 7, lists other compensation from the school and related organizations as $49,000. (About $52,000 for Richey.) EVERY COACH at the level at and above Furman (and I guess many below the level of Furman) has “other compensation“ due to being in the position. I guess that coaches like Beamer and Swinney and that level of schools have “other compensation” in the hundreds of thousands if not in the millions.
 #64085  by Furmanoid
 Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:15 am
I doubt there are many if any FCS programs that break even, so it seems like it would be hard to justify more than $300k or so.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Sad Din

Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Thu May 16, 2024 2:46 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.