• Missouri

#83572  by Affirm
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:16 am
Furman-related post following Missouri’s win over Ohio State yesterday:
September 19, 2009, Missouri 52-Furman 12, at Columbia, Missouri.
Did anyone on UFFP attend that game, and if yes, will they please comment?
Was that the same year we played also at Auburn?
Most importantly, how would our 2023 team compare to our 2009 team?
Less important, how would Missouri’s 2023 team compare to their 2009 team?
I have not even checked to see what our 2009 record was; nor their’s.
 #83625  by Flagman
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:01 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:16 am
Furman-related post following Missouri’s win over Ohio State yesterday:
September 19, 2009, Missouri 52-Furman 12, at Columbia, Missouri.
Did anyone on UFFP attend that game, and if yes, will they please comment?
Was that the same year we played also at Auburn?
Most importantly, how would our 2023 team compare to our 2009 team?
Less important, how would Missouri’s 2023 team compare to their 2009 team?
I have not even checked to see what our 2009 record was; nor their’s.
We were there, of course. It was the year that we also played Auburn. We were there, too. We went into both game with the idea that we had a change to win, especially against Auburn. They had a down year, except for our game.
 #85056  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm
I was at that Missouri game as we were able to go with the team. It was a blast and first class all the way. Charter flight and charter bus to hotel and game with the team. I remember the Columbia, Mo airport was small with a short runway, was worried about getting the plane stopped/turned before running out of runway. Went straight from the stadium to the airport after the game. Fun trip. I remember the Auburn game as Chris Forcier’s breakout game as we scored 31 points on the Tigers. The 2009 was not very good IIRC.
PS-looked it up the 2009 was 6-5 but did finish the year with a road win at Georgia Southern and a thrashing of Wofford 58-21 with Forcier at the helm. Imagine that.
Bootie liked this
 #85060  by Affirm
 Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:08 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm
I was at that Missouri game as we were able to go with the team. It was a blast and first class all the way. Charter flight and charter bus to hotel and game with the team. I remember the Columbia, Mo airport was small with a short runway, was worried about getting the plane stopped/turned before running out of runway. Went straight from the stadium to the airport after the game. Fun trip. I remember the Auburn game as Chris Forcier’s breakout game as we scored 31 points on the Tigers. The 2009 was not very good IIRC.
PS-looked it up the 2009 was 6-5 but did finish the year with a road win at Georgia Southern and a thrashing of Wofford 58-21 with Forcier at the helm. Imagine that.
Great memories!
apaladin liked this
 #85222  by Stumpy
 Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:34 am
Flagman wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:01 pm
Auburn. They had a down year, except for our game.
That game was ugly. The only redeeming feature was that Chris Forcier came in late in the 3rd and had a pretty decent game for the last quarter. I think it might have been his first significant amount of PT.

The Mizzou game was pretty ugly, too. Going in, I thought we had a chance. Then the game started and it was all downhill. Then I had a 10-hour drive home and I swear it rained buckets the entire way. The most white-knuckle drive I've ever experienced.